QUESTIONS

A million questions run through my mind, like the rushing tide before a storm. I fall to my knees next to my dad on the cold sand. Beau is still crying still in shock of what had just happened. But to me, I feel like I am on another planet, or in another dimension because this doesn't seem real at all.

"Dad what's wrong? Is this a joke? because it's not funny" I say with a shaky voice. "No sweetheart it's not a joke I promise" dad says softly pain still in his voice. "I don't think I can stand on my own, I need you and Beau to help me up please." "Okay c'mon Beau we gotta help dad get back to the house."

Beau is still pretty upset, but we help our dad get to his feet. Beau goes to one side of dad and I go to the other. We both link arms with dad and begin to walk back to the house. Dad winces in pain each step he takes in the sand until we finally reach our back door.

Beau and I help dad sit in a chair, not knowing what to do next. "Should I call someone?" I ask dad putting a hand on his shoulder. "No sweetie it's okay I'm going to call my doctor, just keep an eye on Beau" dad says with a weak voice.

"Okay we'll go upstairs while your on the phone" just as I'm about to take Beau's hand, I look over to see he's sound asleep on the couch. I decide to leave him there so I don't wake him. I head out back to the porch to collect my thoughts.

Still in a daze I sink onto the porch steps still just feeling frozen. "Is dad going to be okay?" "Is something going on that he hasn't told us?" Tears begin to steam down my face as fear sets in. I can't imagine losing my dad he's my best friend I couldn't bear the thought.

Trying to search for some sort of peace, my mind falls on Logan. He always knows how to comfort me, he always makes me feel better, and he always gives me a sense of peace that no one or nothing else can give me. I decide to call him and tell him what happened. But just when I'm about to do so, I see him walking right over to me. My heart races with excitement seeing him come my way. "I love him so much" I think to myself as he sits next to me.

"Hey baby girl" Logan says softly kissing me on the cheek. "I was just about to call you" I say scooting closer to him. "My dads hurt and I don't know what to do." Tears come streaming down my face again and Logan pulls me close. "What happened?" Logan says with a deep concern in his voice. "We were playing soccer, and all of a sudden out of no where my dad falls to the ground clutching his knee in pain" I say through heavy sniffles.

"I'm scared I don't know what's going on I'm so confused. I feel like he's hiding something from me and Beau and I'm so worried, I can't loose him he's my best friend." "It's going to be okay we're going to figure this out I promise" Logan says holding me in his arms tightly. For some reason I knew that we would figure it out, and that Logan wouldn't leave my side.