WAVES OF EMOTION

A few hours later me Beau and Logan wait in the hospital waiting room anxiously waiting on dads results from the tests they took.

So many thoughts fill my mind as we all sit quietly looking about the room glancing at each other every once and a while.

"Family of Mike Brown?" A deep voice calls I look up and notice it's the doctor. "Right here" I say raising my hand. "My name is Doctor Connor Brooks and I've actually been seeing your dad for about a month now." Your dad injured his right knee when he went surfing, it was around 6:00 am and the tide was quite high. He stood up to catch a wave and a jellyfish stung him. And unfortunately, there is a lot of nerve damage and I'm afraid it could be permanent."

"Wait what?!? My dad got stung by a jellyfish and he didn't tell me!! I can't believe this. I can't believe he would do this and not tell us and not let us help him!And now he might have possible permanent nerve damage!!" Tears run down my cheeks my face hot from anger.

"Maya calm down it's gonna be okay we're gonna figure this out I promise." Logan tries to reassure me but it only makes me angrier. "No!! Don't tell me it's going to be okay! You don't know that! You don't know anything!" I plop back into the uncomfortable waiting room chair and put my face between my knees, while a river of tears run down my face.

"Hey son, what's your name?" Doctor Connor says putting his large hand on my shoulder. "Logan, I'm Maya's boyfriend." "Good to know, well looks like she is in pretty bad shape right now so I will come back for updates when I have them." "Okay thanks" I say with a soft smile, Doctor Connor returning a friendly smile back.

I look at a few chairs over from where Maya was sitting to where Beau was, he was sitting in his seat fast asleep. I return my eyes back to Maya who was also sound asleep snoring. I smile and stroke her warm cheeks still damp from crying, and take her hand in mine and wait for further news. "Everything will be alright Maya I promise" I softly whisper in her ear and find myself drifting off to sleep.