IN A WHIRLWIND

My eyes jolt open and start scanning the walls around me.

About to ask where I am, I notice I can't speak as a oxygen mask is covering my mouth.

"Hey baby your finally awake" Logan says stroking my hair giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll be right back I'm going to go get your dad and Beau" Logan says squeezing my hand.

The room goes quiet as I lay there not knowing what is going on.

"Hey sunshine" my dad says in a quiet voice kissing the top of my head.

"Hey Maya" Beau says taking my hand in his standing next to the hospital bed.

"Logan will you go find a nurse and tell them that Maya's awake?" My dad asks Logan with a light smile.

"Of course" Logan says smiling back as he turns and walks out of the room. Logan comes back in the room with a doctor behind him.

"Hey Maya I'm Dr. Allen how are you feeling?"

"Not great I feel so weak" I say through the oxygen mask.

"Your lungs are very weak you endured a lot of trauma by being underneath the water for so long, and the lack of oxygen." Dr. Allen says looking at me standing close to the hospital bed.

"So you'll feel weak for a while but the pain killers should start to kick in soon" he then says smiling at me before he turns to leave the room.

"Oh and Kelsey your nurse will be in to check on you shortly" Dr. Allen says before officially exiting the room.

"Hi Maya I'm Kelsey your nurse I'm just going to check on you and make sure your okay and don't need anything" She says cheerfully.

"Looks like you are just fine for now you don't need the oxygen for right now, if you need anything just press this red button and me or another nurse will be in shortly."

"Okay thanks" I say tiredly as she leaves the room.

"Hey dad can I have some time with Logan for a bit?" I say turning my head to look at him.

"Okay sunshine me and Beau are going to go get lunch do you guys want anything?" My dad asks sweetly.

"I'm okay right now but thanks dad, I'm good but thank you Mike."

"Okay we'll be back later" my dad says as he takes Beau's hand and walks out of the room.

Once they leave the room Logan sits on top of the bed next to me and interlaces his hand with mine.

"I thought I was going to loose you" Logan says as tears stream down his face.

I couldn't look at him without crying, I tried to force it back but I couldn't.

"Awww baby it's okay I'm okay, you didn't lose me" I say as a few tears stream down my cheeks.

"I'm not leaving you I'm going to stay right here with you until you get to go home" Logan says kissing my forehead softly.

"Logan you don't have to do that really it's okay" I say still holding his hand.

"I want to if there's anyone that I want to be with right now it's you" Logan says kissing my hand his fingers still interlaced with mine.

I move over to make room on the bed so he can sit next to me.

I rest my head on his shoulder as he kisses the top of my head softly.

We stay quiet for a couple of minutes as the only sound is the the heart monitor that I'm attached to beeping.

"I love you Maya" Logan says breaking the silence looking into my eyes deeply.

"I love you too Logan" I say as he leans down to kiss my lips.

"How are you feeling right now?" Logan asks me kissing my forehead.

"I feel just really weak and sore everywhere" I say with a tired sigh.

"Awwww baby I'm sorry do you need me to get the nurse?" Logan says concerned.

"I think I'm okay for now, you being here with me right now is already helping me your all I need right now" I say laying my head on his chest.

"Well then in that case I'm going to stay right here by your side" Logan says holding me tighter now.

We end up falling asleep peacefully side by side in the quiet hospital room with only the sound of our breathing, as my heart monitor quietly beeps.

Mike's POV
"Okay Beau you all finished?"

"Yep lets go I wanna see Maya" Beau says happily after finishing his lunch.

I take our trays and put them on top of the trash can before leaving the hospital cafeteria.

Beau takes my hand and we head for the elevator to go back up to Maya's room.

We reach the third floor of the hospital and walk down to her room.

I walk in the door to see Logan laying in the hospital bed with Maya both sound asleep.

Beau looks at me with a disgusted look on his face and wide eyes.

"There's obviously something going on here that their not telling me" I think to myself still standing there with Beau in the doorway.