BY MY SIDE Part 1

Logan's POV

I wake up next to Maya in the hospital bed with a colorful sky outside the window. 

"How much time has passed?" I think to myself as my tired eyes slowly get used to the light in the room.

Maya is still sound asleep her head rested upon my chest with a couple strands of hair covering her eyes.

"She's so beautiful even in a hospital bed with messy hair" thinking to myself as I kiss her on the forehead.

Just as I am admiring Maya's beauty, in the quiet room Mike walks in.

"Hey" he says a little awkwardly since I am laying in the same bed as his daughter.

"Hey Mike" I say quietly as Maya is still sleeping peacefully.

"Can I talk to you in the hall for a minute?" Mike says putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Of course" I say slowly climbing out of the bed so I don't wake up Maya.

We walk out into the hallway quietly closing the door behind us.

"So what's going on between you two?" Mike asks looking me running a hand through his dark brown hair.

I was afraid of what he was going to say when I tell him that I'm dating his daughter, what if he gets upset? Or thinks that I'm not enough for her.

"We're dating" I flat out say with a shaky voice and sweaty hands.

"I figured a while ago me and Beau came up to the room after finishing lunch to check up on Maya, and you guys were asleep." Mike says looking at the white tiled floor.

"I hope your not mad that we're dating I... I really love your daughter she's.... shes amazing I've never seen anything like her" I say smiling looking out the hallway window.

"Your a good kid Logan and I am not mad I can tell that you treat my daughter well and treat her with respect, and are a gentleman I couldn't ask for a better guy for my daughter" Mike says smiling at me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Really? Thank you Mike what a compliment I'm flattered" I say looking at the ground smiling uncontrollably.

"Thank you Logan you have stayed with her this whole time, you haven't left her side and you've taken care of her. And you've put a smile on her face ever since you guys met I admire that." Mike says smiling at me looking into my eyes.

"She's definitely something special and I'm definitely sticking around." I say back lightly blushing.

Maya's POV

I suddenly wake up feeling like something is squeezing my lungs making it almost impossible for me to breathe.

I sit up from the bed clenching the side of the mattress desperate for air.

Logan and my dad come running in rushing to my side.

"We need a nurse!" Logan yells in a panic as my dad holds my hand standing next to the bed.

Kelsey comes running in the room instantly putting the oxygen mask around my head and onto my mouth.

"I need Dr. Allen!" Kelsey yells as he rushes into the room.

He rushes to my side and starts saying something to Kelsey, I couldn't make out the words as everything starts to fade around me.