SATURDAY SUN

I wake to my room being much brighter than it normally is, curious I look at my phone to see what time it is, my phone reads 10:30. "Well looks like I slept in today" I think to myself and get out of bed and walk over to my window.

I open my ivory curtains to see dad and Beau kicking around a soccer ball. They laughed as they raced each other for the ball. A smile spreads across my face watching my dad and Beau play. I get a warm feeling in my heart seeing how happy they both were.

After watching them for a few minutes I decide to go join in on all the fun that their having without me. I slip on my favorite yellow sundress and put my hair up into a ponytail, and head to the beach to meet the boys.

"Hey! Having all the fun without me!" I yell to Beau and dad.  "Hey sleepy head!" My dad yells back. "We thought you would want to sleep in with all the fun you had with Logan yesterday" Beau says winking at me. "Hey! I'm going to kick your and dads butt for that!" "Let's see you try dummy" Beau says going right for the ball.

"C'mon dad we gotta show Maya how it's done!" Beau says with his sweet musical laugh. "Okay I'm in" my dad says with a sly tone in his voice.

We begin to play, laughing and yelling with excitement and joy in the Saturday sun. I stole the ball from Beau and was going to pass it to my dad, when suddenly he drops to the ground screaming in pain.

"Dad!!" I yell fear and adrenaline running through my entire body, my heart pounding making it difficult to breathe. "Dad!!" Beau yells heavy tears streaming down his red checks. 

What the hell just happened? Am I dreaming? Is this even real? And my world felt like it suddenly stopped and I was frozen with my toes buried in the sand.