SOMETHING MISSING

We break our gaze both realizing that we didn't come to this beach alone.

"Sorry guys we got a little... carried away" I say as my cheeks turn warm since my dad and Beau saw the whole thing.

"We can clearly see that" dad says with a chuckle as Beau still has a disgusted look on his face.

"So Mike you mentioned that you and your wife used to have surfing competitions together and I've been around for a while now, why haven't I met her yet?" Logan asks curiously putting a hand through his wet hair.

"You have never met her because she died eight years ago, from drowning in the ocean. So it's just us but she's still with us everyday I know that in my heart." My dad says holding back tears as he looks down at the sand.

"I am so sorry I had no idea I shouldn't of asked, I was just... curious I'm sorry for bringing it up." Logan says sadly making eye contact with me, then to the ocean. 

"It's not your fault you didn't know you were just wondering why you haven't met her yet, so don't be sorry" I say reaching for his hand and interlacing my hand with his.

"She's right don't worry about it you were bound to have questions and find out about it eventually. Your a good kid Logan I'm glad my daughter has you" my dad says smiling lightly at Logan and rubbing his shoulder.

It goes silent for a moment as we all stare out to the sound of quiet waves crashing onto the shore.

Sorry this chapter was super short!! I wanted to give you more of the details later I hope you liked it!!! 😁😊💕