Chapter 3

The next morning was a good day in Ji Yulan's house,her brothers were super excited through out breakfast that Ji Yulan found it amusing.

After breakfast her mother decided to go get meat and some pastries for tomorrow's guest.

All the villagers that met mother Ji on the way knew that something good was about to happen in her household after all she wasn't so lively on a normal day.

On Xu Heshan side it was a terrible morning....
' I am telling you Xu Heshan you will not spend 300 yuan to marry a girl, I will not allow it...shouted mother Xu

'But mother I have a job why can't I marry the girl I like, I have already decided am marrying her....

'Your brother's son will soon start going to school ehn which one doesn't cost money and we don't have extra rooms in this house, where will your wife stay, listen to mother work for at least 5 years by then you will only be in your early thirties its not too late to marry '

'Brother, mother is right and my wife is pregnant with our second child, you can't marry now'

Xu Heshan is feeling disappointed that he went through all this in his past life without him noticing something is amis in this family,how did he spend all his energy working for such people, well he did it once he won't do it again.

Father Xu saw the disappointment flash his second son's eyes and he felt guilty and hurt,they have always support their first son and spoilt him thinking he will continue the bloodline so he should be given the best and that he  will take care of them when they get old but he doesn't see that happening....  

' The second son will marry who and when he wants to marry, my Xu family son will not be an old bachelor, father Xu said with a heavy tone..

'But old man that ....
Father Xu glared at mother Xu that made her shut up...

He continued 'since you have borrowed money for your marriage you and your wife will pay back,the family will also separate so you will find a house for your family as you can see we don't have any room here...he coughed and continued

'the 180 yuan saved from your salary will be our old people pension so you don't need to worry about giving us money for filial piety but only occasionally you will come to honour your parents,that is it. Prepare tomorrow we will visit the girl's family'

Mother Xu, her daughter and first son where angry and disappointed so they left the hall angrily....while Xu Heshan stayed back

'Father thank you....
Father Xu lifted his eyes and look at his second son with regret and a heavy voice he said ' father knows that all these years you where treated differently but it has made you a man Heshan please don't blame your mother and I, I hope good for all of my sons but your brother can't be redeemed, start your own family and forget about us,you have done enough go and live well'

Xu Heshan was emotionally moved his eyes filled with tears....
'Thank you father'
Father Xu nodded.

**********
One of Ji Yulan's plan to raise money was embroidery of which only Su Dan Hong can help her so after a few moments of hesitation, she went to Su Dan Hong's house,after some pleasantries she told her that she can do little embroidery and why she needed her help.

'' Sister can only test you and see how good you can embroider before I can introduce you to sister Quinn who buys embroidery ''

After less than an hour Su Dan Hong was amazed by how well and fast Ji Yulan does embroidery even though she isn't to her level but she is good.

'' Where did you learn Ji Yulan, who thought you ''

'An old grandma in town,I helped her once, so we got acquainted anytime I go to town I will visit her and watch do embroidery,after some time I picked up and started learning but she died a few years ago so I stopped learning, sister you can't let anyone know I can do this please if my parents find out I can make money through this they won't allow me marry Xu Heshan''

'Sister understands'
Su Dan Hong has her doubts but she didn't say anything....

While they where still discussing and Su Dan Hong was giving Ji Yulan pointers on how to improve they heard voices of Ji Zhumao and a lady greeting

' That must be Sister Quinn, ah Yulan you are in luck today'

After all the pleasantries and  Sister Quinn sat she notice the embroidery....

' Dan Hong this embroidery is good,you must sell it to me I know a lady that likes Jasmine flowers and this is so life-like,'

'How much??

'I will give you 30yuan '

' Ok but I wasn't the one who did this embroidery...

'then who ah...Quinn was surprised this was almost at the level of Su Dan Hong ....

'Ji Yulan did'

' What,Quinn turned to look at her surprised... Girl you are good,how about we work together, Dan Hong I hope you don't mind'

'Of course I don't,I was planning on bringing her to town to meet you but it seems fate works faster '

After Su Dan Hong explained Ji Yulan circumstances,Quinn promised to keep it a secret for her.

Ji Yulan was so happy she struck her first gold.

When Ji Yulan was about to leave she gave Su Dan Hong 10 yuan for her materials, Su Dan Hong collected she knew Yulan won't feel comfortable if she didn't even though the materials are less than 10 yuan,so she made Ji Zhumao catch a rooster for Ji Yulan, Yulan didn't refuse she knows they have a poultry on the mountain so this rooster is nothing for Su Dan Hong's family while for her she will use it to add a dish for Xu Heshan and his family tomorrow.