chapter 5

Mother Ji was very happy when she saw Ji Yulan back with a full basket.

Apart from foodstuffs, there are cotton yards and wool to knit sweaters.
Ji Yulan bought enough yards to make a new set for all of them,its almost winter and they don't have warm clothes for the  season but with this their mind is at rest.
Mother Ji is very proud to have this girl as her daughter ah..

For dinner Ji Yulan decided to make yam rice, her brothers dug the Chinese yam yesterday, in her past life she loves yam rice,its easy to cook especially with the electric rice cooker.

Ji Yulan sliced the remaining fresh lean pork evenly, added peanut oil from her stock in the space into wok,stir frying the pork for a few minutes,she added the soy sauce,mushroom,Chinese yam, onions,fresh pepper, salt and water,she allow the yam to cook before adding the already cooked rice to the wok and stir.....
The fragrant aroma of the food was not only appetizing to the Ji family but their neighbors....

Neighbors with a heavy sigh....''Ji  family are having appetizing meals everyday,there must be meat today again, life is so hard yet they have meat!!!

After Ji Yulan serviced five bowls of Yam rice,they couldn't  help but sigh...
'Its looks so good'

How come they never realise that Ji Yulan can cook so well ah

With a gluttonous look second brother was eyeing his family members, second brother ate his share hurriedly so he can add some more but when he finished Ji Yulan told him there was no rice in the pot.
He kept staring at them eating till they couldn't bear it and each added a little his bowl.
He nodded with satisfaction and ate gently while savoring the taste of the meal....

On bed mother Ji couldn't help but talk about Ji Yulan.....

''Old man, did you notice that our Yulan has change,she is now whiter,slender and tender,her beauty is like a fox,and she can cook so well its like she isn't the Yulan that grew up with us''

Father Ji got angry .....'' what nonsense are you spouting, what if someone hears you and spread rumours that our daughter has been possessed by a fox spirit''

''So what ...retorted mother Ji,
Su Dan Hong is also possessed by the fox spirit, look at her, looking more beautiful than before and she also has the Wang spirit if our Ji Yulan is possessed that will be better.....she added a snort

A look of realization crossed father Ji's face while looking at mother Ji with sparkling eyes ........
''wife you are right, ah the ancestors have looked upon our Ji family with kindness, but we should be be careful and also watch Ji Yulan closely ''

On Xu Heshan's side after he got home,his family have already finished dinner without leaving a single grain of rice for him,but Xu Heshan just shock his head and went to bed without eating dinner but he wasn't hungry at all.