chapter 4

The next morning, was a happy morning for Xu Heshan, even though he can see anger written on the face of his family members, what does he care...

He is getting his wife and that's all that matters....

But the most amazing thing this morning was that all his family members where getting ready to follow them,he can't understand why but still, does he care??....no no and no..

Everyone can come along after all its a happy occasion.

In Ji Yulan household its the same thing, her father and elder brothers didn't even go out today,they where brimming with excitement...

They where all sitting around the table munching on some sesame seed and melon seed waiting for their guest...
Sensing their good mood Ji Yulan decided to speak....

''Mother, something bothers me''

Mother Ji turned and glared at Ji Yulan..'how can something bother you on this happy occasion, don't dare say you don't like Xu Heshan'

'No,mother...
'Then what ....shouted mother Ji

'Mother, sister Su ask me to tell you that marrying me out without a dowry is not a good idea especially after collecting so much money....
Mother Ji glared at her, Ji Yulan knew she didn't get her meaning

'Mother,think about it this way, everyone knows we don't have any property apart from the farm and side jobs my brothers do when its not farming season which doesn't yield much,they will use my dowry to marry their wives but at least I should also have some dowry even if its furniture, if not what will people say, probably something like you are stingy even after collecting so much from my husband you didn't give anything, it will spoil your reputation and affect my brothers marriage.....

Immediately second brother felt enlighten he thought this sister of his wanted something for herself but she was still thinking of them....'she is right mother'
First brother and father Ji also nodded...

Father Ji spoke 'then remove 50yuan and buy some items for Yulaner'

Mother Ji nodded and smile...
Ji Yulan was happy at least she won't go empty....

Still in a happy mood,they heard a call at the door...
They looked at each other and smile...
Must be the in-laws ah.

After inviting Xu Heshan and his family, mother Ji poured tea and went to the kitchen to check on the food,she was also excited about this meal.

Apart from the pork she got, Yulan got a rooster and her two sons went fishing yesterday, the scent of the delicacies Ji Yulan made was appetizing and also torturing since she couldn't test it before the guests arrive.

After some pleasantries and tea, father Ji called for lunch to be served but Father Xu stopped him 'let's finish business first before enjoying the meal'.

'Our Xu family wants to marry your daughter for our second son Xu Heshan, as you know he works in Ji Zhumao's reservoir who is also your distant relative,his salary is 30 yuan and the second is a hard worker I assure you he will be promoted soon, so your daughter won't suffer but....

Mother Xu chipped 'but the dowry is too high and our family Xu Heshan can't afford it so he borrowed. Your daughter will have to help him pay back,since he works at the reservoir she will work on the farm..,.,..
Mother Ji and Father Ji showed a little dissatisfaction on their face but they didn't say anything.

Mother Xu saw their expression and that's exactly what she wants so she continued with a more heavy tone
'Also the house, they will have to separate by separate I mean find a house ,we don't have enough space in the house.....