Epilogue

Sunlight filtered serenely through the canopy of trees above me as I stood at the altar beside my Papa and Dad. White petals lined the forest floor and the ivory arch which my parents stood beneath was intertwined with veins of lavender and chartreuse which climbed the arch making it even more scenic and beautiful. A plethora of flowers decorated the venue. They hung from the arch. They lined the aisle. They were potted. They were free. They were in bouquets in Auntie Nemuri and Auntie Emi's hands. They were tucked into the lapels of all of our suits. Lotuses, irises, lavender, lily-of-the-valley, peonies and violets. All of them littered the forest, creating a storm of white, pink and purple.

Emi stood behind Shota with me and Eri, her eyes sparkling with unshed tears as she watched her two dear friends get married. Her flowing lilac dress fluttered in the gentle wind. Eri stood beside me with her hand clasped in my own, she was smiling brightly. After the culture festival, she had been smiling more frequently, it was heartwarming, to say the least. she looked like a fairy princess with her pale braided into a crown on her head and her lavender lace dress puffing out around her. My black suit and tie didn't compare to the majesty of their dresses.

On the opposite side of the arch, stood behind Papa, Hitoshi, Kyoka and Nemuri all smiled sweetly at the scene of my parents getting married. Even the drawling voice of the officiant couldn't put a damper on the jovial mood of the wedding. Nemuri and Kyoka were dressed in the same flowing lilac dress as Emi, whilst Hitoshi wore the same suit and tie as me.

I glanced out to the small crowd of guests. Just as Shota had requested, there were few people there. Of course, Kyoka's parents were there alongside the entire Bakugo family. Vlad King, Cementos, Thirteen, Nezu and the rest of the UA staff were also present alongside some other pro-heroes that were invited. Unfortunately, Class 1A wasn't invited to the actual ceremony, however, they were invited to the reception party. Dad had acted reluctant about it, but we all knew it was a facade he put on.

"-in sickness and in health, as long as you may live," the dreary officiator drawled, pig-like eyes focused on Papa.

"I do," Papa's voice wavered slightly, though he managed to keep a hold on his quirk. I watched as tears of joy beaded in his emerald eyes. Though he may have wanted to wipe the tears from his cheeks, he kept a firm grip on Dad's hands, like he was afraid he would fade away if he let go.

"And do you, Aizawa Shota, take Yamada Hizashi to be your husband. In sickness and in health, for better or for worse, as long as you both should live," the officiator's watery eyes looked up at Shota, he looked about done with the entire ceremony. Even if you didn't know them, you'd think the man would be a bit happier for the two people getting married.

"I do," Dad replied earnestly, not even sparing the plump man a glance. His charcoal eyes were too busy staring deeply into Papa's.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you spouses, you may kiss your husband." the officiator stepped back slightly to allow space for both of my parents to step towards each other and seal their promise of eternal love with a sweet kiss. My heart blossomed with warmth at the sight of my parents finally married.

Tears of joy were shed all throughout the venue. Auntie Joke laughed as tears trickled down her chin. Mitsuki hooted and clapped enthusiastically whilst a stray tear slid down her cheek. Papa's mum and dad were possibly the loudest amongst all of the guests. Screaming happily and hollering. My grandmother alternated between clapping and shaking her husband's entire body, clearly overcome by her sheer joy. Her long golden hair which had strands of white snaking through it swayed in the wind.

Looking around at the small gathering of guests, no more than twenty people perhaps, I felt content. Sure, it hadn't been all that long since the entire Hisashi incident. It still played heavily on my mind, three months wasn't nearly enough time to heal. But... I knew I was safe now. The reminder's of my past no longer plagued me like a foul disease, they were not worthy of my time. I no longer bore my oppressor's name. Gone was the name Aizawa-Mirodriya, instead, changed to Yamada-Aizawa. Despite my parents not hyphenating their name, or changing their names at all, I had taken on both of their names. Life had taken a turn for the better for me. My luck may not have lasted, after all, villains seemed to have a vendetta against my class. But I was content with my life and the people I had surrounded myself with. Endless support and love.

The reception event took place in a meadow of flowers. I have no idea how Papa and Auntie Joke had managed to find such beautiful places for the wedding, but I wasn't going to complain. Thousands of fireflies buzzed through the air, their gentle glow accompanied the stars in the sky.

Music drifted softly from across the 'dance floor', though I was too lazy to lift my head off of Shoto's shoulder and glance in that direction. The two of us held each other in a tight embrace as we shuffled around the 'dance floor'. Shoto's hand in mine and my head resting on his shoulder. As we moved about, I watched Kacchan and Kiri blushing together near the food table. I watched as Kyoka was twirled around by Momo, both of their cheeks dusted pink and their smiles sparkling in the cool night air. I watched as Auntie Emi clung drunkenly to Auntie Nemuri, her loud voice carried over to us, she seemed to be saying something about a beautiful woman. Everything was perfect.

"Is everything alright, my love?" Shoto hummed.

"Everything is perfect," I hummed in return. My heart was swelling with love just hearing Shoto whisper the words 'my love'.

"I love you, Izuku," Shoto whispered as his lips descended upon the crown of my head.

"I love you too, Shoto."

Meanings of the flowers:
Lotus- purity and enlightenment
Iris- Wisdom and respect
Lavender- Devotion
Lily-of-the-valley - purity, happiness, luck and humility
Peony- romance and marriage
Violet- Loyalty, devotion and faithfulness
(These meanings may not be 100% correct, I am not an expert in flower language)

Thank you so much for reading Phenomenon! This chapter is rather short, but it's an epilogue, so that's to be expected. I think it's quite sweet that the chapter containing the Erasermic wedding is posted on Valentine's Day. 

First off, I want to thank you every single person who has read this story and supported it. I couldn't be more grateful. It is because of your support that I persevered with this story. Every vote and comment was an inspiration to keep going. Ending this story is both a relief and a burden. I'm relieved that I have finished one project and can move onto the countless other ideas I have in my drafts, but I'm sad to see this story come to an end. I might, at some point in the future, return to this universe and write something, but nothing is guaranteed yet. 

I really hope you have enjoyed this story and that it ended ok. As I've said, I can't thank all of you enough for sticking with this story until the end. Thank you so much, and I hope you have a lovely day wherever you are.

-Mads

Finished writing: Thursday 28th January 2021
Published: Sunday 14th February 2021