Chapter 7: Getting Better

*Izuku's POV*

I woke up again roughly 2 hours later. Dad was still at my bedside but he was now accompanied by Papa, Auntie Nemuri and Auntie Joke. It looked like my Auntie's had just arrived because they were both still standing despite the empty chairs and they were still wearing their jackets. "The poor boy. If I ever see that man I'm gonna castrate him." Nemuri hissed, clenching her fists so hard I could see her palms being pierced by her crimson nails. "Whilst I agree that we should definitely do that, I'm afraid it may be frowned upon by the law." Papa chuckled slightly, though I could see the anger and disdain in his viridian eyes. In fact, I could see the anger and disgust in all of their eyes. They were not happy. At all. I mean, I wouldn't be either. If the boy I saw as my son/ nephew was kidnapped by his deranged 'father', I wouldn't be very complacent either. My family were so wrapped up in their anger and plotting Hisashi's murder (like a certain couple people in my comments) that they didn't notice that I had woken up until I sneezed. All four of them jumped in surprise before spinning around to me. "IZU!" Nemuri squealed happily, walking over to the bed and pulling me into a warm and gentle hug. If I wasn't injured, I don't doubt she would have hugged me with a bit more strength. That thought lowered my mood a bit. Knowing that she couldn't hug me how she usually did because I was weak enough to get hurt and abused put a damper on my mood, but I didn't show it. It was my problem and not anybody else's. They would only get annoyed with me. It should have been obvious to me at the time. The warning signs were all there, right in my head, but I didn't realise. I didn't realise that I was about t head down a terrible spiral of self-loathing and pain.

My family stayed with me all day until a nurse came in and told them that they sadly had to leave because visiting hours were over. I could see it in the nurse's eyes that she was truly sorry. Or she could have just been afraid of my dads and aunties. They were very scary people when they got protective. Dad was just scary in general until you saw his soft side. I won't even mention Auntie Nemuri, she was scary in a completely different way. "We'll be back tomorrow," Papa said sweetly before he kissed my forehead and walked out of the curtains surrounding my bed. I waved to everyone as they left, watching them go made my heart ache with loneliness but I knew that they would come back the next day. I had to repeat this like a mantra, 'They will come back. They will come back. They will come back.', I knew that they wouldn't abandon me but I had to convince myself. I knew that I was in for a tough journey.

My family had left at around 5:30 pm and a nurse came around half an hour later with a tray of food for me. "Hello, Aizawa-Midoriya, how are you doing?" the nurse asked kindly, she placed the tray she was carrying down on the table on wheels by my bed. I looked at her name tag and saw that it said 'Nasu Shuri'. "I'm doing fine Nasu-san. Please call me Izuku." I requested. I preferred to be called my given name since I didn't like hearing the name 'Midoriya' especially after the ordeal I just went through. If I asked, Dad and Papa would have legally gotten my name changed to just Aizawa or Yamada-Aizawa, but I wanted to make the name Midoriya my own. I kept it to remember my mother. Although I didn't think I could keep it for much longer without it being detrimental to my health. "Of course, Izuku. Since I'm calling you by your given name, you can call me Shuri, if you want to." Shuri-san smiled at me, pulling the table towards me. I smiled and nodded. "Sorry that your dinner isn't very interesting today, the regular cook had to rush home." Shuri-san apologised. I looked down at the food in front of me and was grateful at how simple and easy to eat it was. It was just a simple vegetable soup and a buttered roll alongside a glass of apple juice. "That's fine, I doubt I could each much more than this anyway." I sighed in relief. She gave me a look of slight concern before nodding. "Ok. If you need any help with anything, just press this button which will call a nurse. This button raises and lowers the bed, it's quite fun to play with but don't do it too often otherwise you'll break the bed. Would you like me to pull back the curtains, your bed is right next to the window and the view is quite beautiful." Shuri-san smiled sweetly, gaining a faraway look in her eyes. "Sure, I wouldn't mind having the curtains drawn back. Who else is in this room?" I asked as Shuri-san walked over to the pale blue curtains and started to push them back. Shuri-san walked around the front end of my bed with the curtain in her hand whilst answering my question. "Nobody yet, but tomorrow some girls will be moved in here. We were told that they knew you from school.". "Do you know they're names?" I asked, sitting up a bit more in my bed, I didn't know who had been admitted into the hospital since the whole training camp incident. "I think they're names are Jiro Kyoka and Hagakure Toru." Shuri-san said with a hand to her chin with a look of concentration. I contained my excitement and nodded. Shuri-san left soon after she showed me the portable DVD played which was by the bed. I thanked her before tucking into my soup. I only managed to eat half of the bowl and the roll before I started to feel sick. The feeling of nausea didn't feel as physical as it did mental. I randomly just started thinking that I shouldn't be eating. Eating was a luxury. A luxury that I wasn't allowed. This realisation caused me to drop my spoon abruptly and turn away from the soup. I couldn't.