Chapter 21: Celebrations

Shoto and I quickly found the rest of our friends to see whether they had passed or not. I had confidence in them, but I couldn't help the anxiety which swarmed my stomach at the thought that one of my friends may not have passed.

When we found our friends we were met with smiling faces. I could feel some of the weight which had settled in my chest alleviate itself. "Izuku did you and Shoto pass?" Tsu asked, her wide green eyes shining with curiosity. I nodded my head, a beaming smile spread across my face. "Yeah! We both passed, did everyone over here pass?" I asked, looking around at everyone's faces.

Tsu and Ochako were holding hands, both with satisfied smiles on their faces. Iida was stood beside Tsu and Ochako with a smile on his face, watching the idiotic actions of the Bakusquad. Kiri, Kami, Sero and Mina were all jumping around, chanting about how they passed. In the middle of their little chanting circle, Kacchan stood with a scowl on his face, but I could tell he was secretly happy since his eyebrows weren't drawn as low. Shinso stood just outside of the spinning circle which was the Bakusquad, a tiny smile on his face. Kyoka and Momo were stood by Shinso, smiling and laughing as they watched the Bakusquad. It was very clear that we had all passed.

We all exchanged details of our battle exploits throughout the entire exam. Laughing along at funny points and gasping in times of suspense. Knowing that we had all passed, I relished in the knowledge that we were all one step closer to becoming heroes. One step closer to doing what my mother always said I could. One step closer to proving that scum wrong.

After around 5 minutes of us all talking, we all noticed the plethora of important looking people flooding out of the stadium setting. They all wore black suits and sunglasses, carrying stacks of envelopes which they started passing out to everyone.

When the suited people reached us, I took the envelope one of them presented to me and looked up at them inquisitively. "It's your test results. The paper tells you what your areas of improvement are and also how many points out of 100 you have. Your provisional license is in there as well." the person before me said before walking away to give another person their envelope.

I looked down at the envelope in my hands. Knowing what it contained, it felt heavier. Not only did it contain information on how well I did in the test, but it also contained the tool which would allow me to help people on my own. I was practically vibrating from the sheer excitement I felt at the prospect.

Slowly, I peeled open the envelope seal before pulling out the piece of paper which had my test score on. My heart hammered in my chest as I stared down at the piece of paper in front of me. I read every letter carefully so I didn't mistake anything.

(WWW= What Went Well EBI= Even Better If)

Aizawa-Midoriya Izuku

Portion 1 WWW: Good teamwork, good quirk usage, good communication.
Portion 1 EBI: Be more considerate about how your quirk affects the environment you are in.

Portion 2: 90/100 points
Portion 2 WWW: Good teamwork, good first aid application, good plan making, calming presence.
Portion 2 EBI: Should have communicated the problem on top of the mountain to your teammates. Should have stayed with Kenga.

My mouth fell open upon seeing my score for the second portion of the exam. My head swam and my mouth went dry upon seeing the number 90 written on the paper. I thought there must have been some sort of mistake. Me getting 90? It didn't seem plausible.

"Why do you look so surprised, Sweetheart? Is something wrong?" Shoto's voice brought me out of my head as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer into his side. I didn't say anything, simply showed him my piece of paper. There was a beat of silence before Shoto's arm tightened around my waist and he spoke again. "That's amazing, Izuku. 90/100. You should be really proud. I certainly am." Shoto said with more emotion in his voice than usual. I looked up at his face and saw that he had a small smile across his lips. That small smile was always enough to make my knee go weak. He always looked so handsome when he smiled that small smile. Without me noticing, since I was so busy being shocked over my high score, Shoto swooped down to peck me on the lips. The sudden contact jolted me out of my stupor and made me blush profusely.