Chapter 11: Nightmares Are No Fun

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains gory scenes, suicide, a lot of mentions of blood and enough mentions of vomit to make me (usually fine with vomit) feel a bit queasy. 

*Shoto's POV*

I stormed out of Izuku's room and into my own. I knew that he was under stress and that he had just been rescued from a kidnapping situation. I knew this, yet I couldn't help but be mad. Was I not allowed to help my boyfriend? We had been doing fine. We had shared our first kiss the week before. We had been doing fine. He just suddenly got really pissy and started shouting at me about his independence and not needing help. Everybody knows he wouldn't have been able to get up those stairs safely on his own. Suddenly I  was the bad guy for caring about my boyfriend's health. All of these thoughts and more rushed through my head as I paced the floor of my room. I felt sorry for whoever was below me. It was just really getting to me that I had been nothing but the best I could be for Izu and he repaid me by shouting at me. I couldn't think straight. I needed to vent to someone.

I walked straight into Katsuki's room without even knocking. I know it was rude of me, but I couldn't find it within myself to care at the time. "What the fuck, Shoto!" Katsuki yelled from his place at his desk. He looked up from his laptop where he was watching a film. As soon as he saw the angry look on my face, Katsuki's expression transformed from angry and annoyed to worried. "Woah, dude, why do you look so pissed?" Katsuki asked, standing from his desk and placing a placating hand on my shoulder. I looked up into Katsuki face. His scrunched eyebrows, drawn together in thinly veiled concern. The permanent downwards turn of his mouth. The constant angry spark in his eyes. Both of these were dulled slightly. "Izuku and I had an argument," I whispered brokenly. Katsuki assessed me for a second before sitting me down on his bed and gesturing for me to elaborate. "He just started shouting at me for carrying him up the stairs. I was helping him. I just don't understand." I sobbed into my hands. The dam had broken and tears began to drip from my eyes. "He wants his independence, which I understand, but it would have taken an eternity for him to bring himself upstairs. I wasn't going to let him sleep on the sofa." I ranted in a choked voice. Katsuki listened as he squeezed my shoulder. My cries were the only noise in the otherwise silent room. 

Katsuki was silent, simply listening to my cries, for roughly five minutes. In this time, I managed to cry myself out and simply drew in laboured breaths from time to time. "The way I see it, you're both in the wrong," Katsuki commented quietly. I looked up at him in confusion, prompting him to explain. "You should give Izu a bit of leniency, given the situation he was just in. Izuku has always been an independent person when it comes to things like his injuries and stuff like that. Doesn't want to bother anyone or some other sentimental shit. You've been dating for a few months, you know how he is, you just need to give him a little bit of space and ask him before doing things for him. On the other hand, Izu didn't need to shout at you. Sure he's under pressure but he's a very rational and calm person. He knows that you're just trying to help you. What you're going to do is go to your room, go to sleep and then tomorrow morning you're going to knock on Izu's door and apologise, got it?" Katsuki said with a scowl. I nodded my head and wiped away the few stray tears on my face with a shaky hand. "Ok, thank you, Kat." I whispered as I stood up from the bed. Katsuki tuts and pats my head (despite the fact that I was taller than him). I waved goodbye to him before leaving the room and entering my Japanese style room. I laid back on my bed and stared up at my ceiling, knowing the next day I was gonna talk to Izu.

*Izuku's POV*

When Shoto left, I immediately started crying. I couldn't even put on my PJs because my sight was too blurred with my tears. I clumsily hoisted myself onto my bed and rolled over, shoving my nose into the nearest pillow which inexplicably smelled like my boyfriend. My perfect, lovely, sweet, handsome and amazing boyfriend. The guilt which I felt after Shoto stormed from the room was immeasurable. I hadn't meant to get so angry at him. Everything had just been piling up on me for the past week. I had been left alone with my brain for too long, nothing to distract me. Having Shoto practically strip me of my independence had been the stray spark which set me aflame. I promised myself, as my eyes closed and I began to drift, that I would apologise to Shoto the next day. I couldn't afford to lose him. I loved him too much.