Chapter 27: Family Expansions

After leaving my dad in the classroom, I walked through the halls of UA alone. I found solace in the silence which seemed to radiate from the walls. My shoes clicked on the floor as I slowly made my way through the halls and towards the gym. I wanted to work off some of the stress that I had accumulated over the past weeks.

I arrived at the gym, after changing in the changing rooms, to hear several people already working out inside. I was going to turn away, having no interest in being around strangers, when I heard Kacchan's voice shouting. "Are you gonna stop there, Pink Cheeks! We all know you're stronger than that!" Kacchan shouted at, I could only presume, Ochako. I smiled slightly at the loud slightly overbearing voice of my childhood friend. Without further hesitation, I stepped into the gym.

There were only three people in the gym when I entered. Kacchan, Ochako and Kiri. From the outside, it had sounded like there were at least 6, but then again, even Kacchan's presence alone was rather loud. "Hey, guys." I greeted as I walked over to my three friends.

Ochako was sat on the benchpress, shaking her arms with a look of determination on her face. When I spoke up, she looked over at me and smiled as a form of greeting before she laid back down and clapped her hands. "Alright, Bakugo, I'll try again. But you better be fast cause I don't know about this." Ochako said with a hint of worry in her voice.

"You got it Pink Cheeks," Kacchan smirked from his spot where he was spotting for Ochako. It wasn't too out of place to see Ochako and Kacchan in the gym, it was well known throughout the entire class that they had become gym buddies after the sports festival. Kacchan pushed Ochako to her limits and vice versa. Everyone could see the effect the two had on each other. Since the start of the year, Ochako had gained a lot more muscle. She didn't look particularly muscular if you were just looking at her, but when she flexed her arm... Let's just say that I'm not a cheater but I was tempted. I guess I just like muscular people.

I moved away from Kacchan and Ochako to stand beside Kiri, who was lifting dumbells. "Hey, Izuku, how are you?" Kiri asked through gritted teeth as he lifted the left weight up to his chest before lowering it and doing the same thing with the right one.

"I'm... I'm good." I squeaked, actively having to keep my eyes away from Kiri's arms. I'm glad there was a rule about shirts in the gym.

Kirishima nodded before going back to completely focusing on the weights in his hands, lifting each one up with extreme focus. I knew that if I tried to lift one of his dumbells up, I'd probably end up tearing my arm out of my socket. I could lift a fair bit of weight, but Kiri was on another level. I'm fairly certain he could outlift Kacchan.

I walked towards the treadmill, I wanted to do a bit of running before I lifted some weights.

The gym session was tiring and yet very calming at the same time. Something about making my muscles ache and knowing that I was improving my health simultaneously made me feel extremely free and untethered. I also didn't mind watching as my friends and boyfriend ( Shoto had joined us shortly after I arrived) as they worked out. Maybe I shouldn't have been looking at Ochako's muscular arms as she deadlifted equipment. Or Kacchan's legs and bottom as he squatted with weights on his shoulders. Or been entranced by how red and sweaty Kiri's face got as he pushed himself past his limit on the treadmill. Or marvelled at Shoto's arms as he easily lifted his entire body weight on the pull-up bar. Every single one of us was staring at another person at any given time. It may be considered cheating or unloyal to some, but I don't think any of us really cared. I know for certain that I didn't care when I caught Shoto glancing at Ochako's bum as she squatted. Or when I caught his gaze flickering over to watch as Kiri wiped his face with the bottom of his shirt. I think appreciating other people's muscles and staring for just a tad bit too long was just part of being in the hero course.