Chapter 23: Double Dates

After we played for Ochako, the crowd around us started to dissipate. People patted us on the back and told us how much they enjoyed the song before they went about their usual business. Kyoka gave me a quick hug and patted my head before she rushed off with her bass to Yaomomo. They smiled at each other with love swirling in their eyes as they clasped each other's hand and started walking towards the stairs.

After Yaomomo and Kyoka left, the only people left in the room were me, Shoto, Kacchan and Kiri. Kirishima was lingering nervously in the background, near the kitchen. He was peaking over at us anxiously, very unlike his usual self. I was about to walk over to him and ask what was wrong when a strong, muscular arm barred my way.

I looked up at the owner of the arm and wasn't surprised to see that it was Kacchan. He looked slightly conflicted about something as well. I wasn't dumb, I could tell whatever was making Kiri nervous was connected to why Kacchan wasn't acting like his usual loud and brash self.

"Are you ok, Kacchan. You and Kiri both look super nervous, what's going on?" I asked, electing to get straight to the point and not beat around the bush on the matter. Kacchan bit his bottom lip slightly, his eyes flickering over to Kiri before he took a deep breath and told me something which surprised me to my very foundations. Although, it was obvious when I really looked back on it.

"Shitty Hair and I just started dating. As in, last night." Kacchan muttered, eyes never meeting mine. I couldn't understand why he was so nervous to tell me. He knew that I didn't give a fuck about gender, I was pansexual myself, and I would support him no matter what.

When I really think back on the build-up to Kacchan and Kiri before they started dating. It was super obvious that they were developing feelings for each other. They sat a little closer to each other than friendship mandated. Their gazes lingered on each other for just a bit longer than strictly necessary. Kacchan was always ranting to me about how annoying Kiri was yet still sat beside him at every meal and listened to his crazy stories. It was obvious to anyone who looked long enough that feelings were developing between the two. I guess I just hadn't expected it because Kacchan is demisexual. Sure, he was panromantic, but when I thought of Kacchan, I just never saw him in a relationship. Especially after his trust was betrayed in his last one. Kacchan didn't feel attraction very easily. I think Kacchan was attracted to power more than anything. In my mind, he didn't care how someone identified as long as he thought they were powerful enough to earn his favour. It takes quite a while and a deep understanding of another person for Kacchan to see if you're truly worthy of his affections. The fact that he had found someone who met his criteria and he had a deep connection with made me feel like a proud parent, watching on as their child got their first significant other.

"That's awesome, Kacchan!" I squealed happily, jumping into my best friend's arms and beaming up at him. The nervous look on Kacchan's face melted slightly at my very obviously positive reaction to this news. "I will admit, this was a surprise, can't say I saw it coming, but thinking back on it, it does make sense. I'm so proud of you! Getting your first boyfriend. Wait till Auntie Mitsuki hears about this!" I smirked slightly, seeing Kacchan scowl slightly at the mention of his mother finding out.

"Don't even, Nerd. She'll be unbearable. I'm not gonna put Kiri through that sort of stress after we've only been dating for less than 24 hours." Kacchan scoffed, letting me slide from his arms and back onto the floor. I smiled up at my brother figure before I whipped around and saw Kiri still lingering near the kitchen.

"KIRI!" I shouted, rushing towards my close friend and jumping into his arms. He staggered slightly at the sudden weight which I threw onto him, but he managed to stay upright. "I'm so happy for you two! You're practically perfect for one another. Sure it's been less than a day but I can already tell you two are gonna have a long relationship. That being said if you ever hurt Kacchan I will hunt you down and hurt you worse than you could ever imagine. I've done it before and I'll do it again. Ok? Great! I'm so happy for you!" I beamed, my serious tone whilst I threatened him completely gone as I hopped out of his arms and skipped back to Shoto's side, leaving a nervously sweating Kiri in my wake.