Chapter 1: Kidnapped

I was planning on waiting until next week to post the new book, but I can't wait and I don't think any of you want to wait, so here it is. I hope you enjoy the first chapter of Phenomenon. 

*Izuku's POV*

I smiled sadly at Kacchan as I was pulled into the portal. I was so grateful that I was able to save him, even if it meant I had to sacrifice myself. I could see both Kacchan and Shoto running towards me with their arms outstretched as they tried in vain to grab me, but I was already gone.

When I emerged from the portal, I was in a dingy bar which smelled like mildew and mould. The smell made me want to gag but I withheld my natural reaction and instead looked at all of the occupants of the room. There was the mist guy, Kurogiri, Shigaraki and some people who I didn't know the names of. I recognised them from the fight in the forest. There was a guy with patchy purple skin who frankly smelled like he hadn't bathed in a good two weeks. A lizard guy who's sword looked... unique. I wasn't sure how he managed to wield it. What looked to be a man but I think I recall somebody calling them Big Sis Magne so I assumed they were actually a woman. A girl with crazy glowing yellow eyes and blond space buns. She was holding a knife which wasn't comforting at all. The man with the mask which I broke. He was wearing a long yellow trench coat. A man wearing a top to toe skin-tight black suit. I couldn't see his face due to the mask covering it. The final person stepped out of the shadows which shrouded them and I felt my stomach drop. It was my piece of shit 'father'.

"Dabi! I thought I told you to get the Bakugo kid!" Shigaraki hissed as he began to scratch at his neck. I heard the man holding me, Dabi's, coat move as he shrugged and threw me to the floor. I didn't dare move. I knew that they wouldn't hesitate to strike me if I made the wrong move. "He was on the list as well. Hisashit over there wants him, don't he? Couldn't get the other kid 'cause this dipshit jumped in the way." Dabi snarled, pulling his leg back to kick me. "Hey! Don't do that! If anyone's gonna hurt him, I wanna do it!" squealed the girl. It scared me that this girl, who didn't look much older than me, could be so psychotic. The two started to squabble about who got to hurt me. The conversation wasn't exactly very pleasant to hear but if it got their attention off of me then I was glad.

However, I wasn't off of the hook for long as Hisashi pushed through the arguing pair and stood before me. His hands were on his hips and his wicked smirk was smeared across his face. I wanted to tell him to 'go eat shit' and generally just stand up to him. But I was still more scared of him than I would like to admit. It would be impossible not to be scared of your mother's murderer. The man who had ruined your life for 3 years. The man who had disfigured your body with hideous scars. The man who had made you malnourished so you never grew properly. The man who was supposed to be your father but was the complete opposite. "It's been too long Izuku," his arrogant tone and wicked smirk sent a chill of terror down my spine. I looked away from him, only to have my head yanked back violently. "Let's have some fun!" he hissed. 

*Katsuki's POV*

"Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!" I screamed as I pounded the floor with my fists. I felt a familiar cold hand gently be placed on my shoulder in an attempt to calm my rage. It didn't work though. I could feel tears of frustration and anger welling up in my eyes but I refused to let them spill. "SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed, smashing my head into the floor. The world went fuzzy for a moment before everything cleared up. "Katsuki! Please calm down. We'll find him! We'll save him!" Shoto assured me. I looked up into one of my closet friend's eyes and saw tears building up in them. Of course, he was torn up. It was his boyfriend who had been taken. His boyfriend, who was such a damn hero that he pushed me out of the way and sacrificed himself. Yet it was all my fault that Izuku was gone. Izuku had been taken and who knew what that piece of shit, Hisashi, would do to him. What would happen when Shota found out his son had been taken? The more I thought about it the angrier and more melancholy I became. I didn't notice explosions had started to pop in my hands until arms encircled me and I was pulled into somebody's chest. "Please, Kat," Todoroki choked through his withheld tears. "Please calm down. We'll find him." he whispered. I nodded and hugged Shoto back. He was going through the same thing as me. He was probably as torn up about Izuku being taken as I was. 

Shoji, Shoto, Tokoyami, Aoyama (who had been hidden in a bush) and I started walking back towards the centre of camp. Nobody said a word. Nobody made a noise. We all walked in silence. What could we possibly say? Izuku had been kidnapped. Any words we said could only come out wrong and insincere. I tried my best to hold back my tears. I was succeeding, but it was so hard. It was hard not to break down and scream for the loss of my best friend. My brother. It was hard. I could see Shoto struggling as well. He wasn't holding back his tears. They flowed freely down his cheeks and dripped from his chin. I could see that he wanted to break down, but he stood tall and kept walking.

By the time we made it back to the centre of camp, emergency response vehicles had arrived. Too many students were being loaded into ambulances, knocked out by the gas attack. Three villains were being loaded into police transport vehicles, all of them out cold. Firefighters sprayed the burning forest with water in an attempt to douse the raging cyan flames. The entire training camp had gone to shit. My heart was heavy as I watched Shota rush over to us. His expression showed just how scared he was. His eyes portrayed his desperation. "Shoji and Tokoyami, go over to the paramedics. It's very clear that you're both seriously injured. Give them Shinso." Shota ordered the two boys. They both nodded solemnly and made their way over to the paramedics. Heads down and fists clenched. 

"Katsuki. Todoroki. Where is Izuku?" Shota asked he was trying his best to keep his voice steady. To keep the fear out of it. "Where is my son?" he asked. I didn't want to have to tell him. Nobody wants to have to tell their best friend's parent that their son has been kidnapped. But what could I do? Shoto was in no state to speak. At the mention of his boyfriend's name, he fell to the floor and finally broke down and cried. Just as I wanted to. "He was kidnapped by the League. They were trying... they were taking me and he... that bastard... he pushed me out of the way and they took him. It's all my fault! It should have been me!" I shouted the tears which had been gathering in my eyes finally spilling over. I fell to the floor beside Shoto and broke down. I felt arms wrap around me. I looked up to see Shota looking at me with tears in his eyes. He had pulled both Shoto and me into a hug. "He's gone," I whispered brokenly. 

Chapter 1 complete. I don't have an upload schedule yet, but expect the uploads to be slow at the start since its a new book and I need to get enough drafts piled up. I had intended to upload this next week, but I don't want to keep you waiting. Anyway, thank you for reading chapter 1 of Phenomenon and I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are.