Chapter 35: Downfall Of A Monster

Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger last week. On with the story. 

"Mum?"

The words slipped from my lips before I had the chance to catch myself, and yet I didn't care that I had just revealed my identity. I didn't care that Hisashi was right in front of me. I didn't care about any of that. All I cared about was that fact that the bastard had robbed my mother's grave, stolen her body, to turn the person I treasured the most into a grotesque monster incapable of thought, directed solely by the commands of a man she once despised.

Like with all Nomus, my mother's brain was exposed, the pulsing pink mass repulsed me. Her skin, once so smooth and milky, was now waxy and green, so unlike how I remembered her. Wide jade eyes which stared at me without any semblance of recognition. Tounge lolling out of her mouth, as if she didn't have full control of her body. She wasn't the mother I remembered. She wasn't Inko Midoriya. The beast before me wasn't my mother, and that simple fact could be attributed to the actions of the monster standing beside her, the sickening smirk on his face only widening as it slowly dawned in his retched brain that I had taken the place of Eri.

"Well well well. What do we have here? Did little Izuku try and save the little girl? How pathetic." Hisashi cackled manically. Nothing would have pleased me more at that moment than putting my fist through the bastard's skull.

"Do you like what I've down with Inko, she's much better now, isn't she Izuku," Hisashi smirked as he swaggered over to the caricature of my mother's side. He patted her head gently, staring at her with an evil glint in his eyes. His face screamed of sick love, a fascination which one may have towards an intriguing animal or a newly acquired pet. It was disgusting. It was inhumane. It was wrong. It was twisted.

At some point, I must have transformed back because I felt taller. I was back in my own body, and yet I couldn't have felt more like I wasn't in my own body. The entire experience felt like an out of body experience. It didn't even register in my mind when my mum began to roar and screech. The world could have ended and I wouldn't have paid any attention. I was focused solely on the inner turmoil which rolled through my mind and drove me into the deepest pits of despair.

Overhaul, Hisashi and Chronostasis must have started speaking at some point. Maye arguing about who I was, why I was here and panicking about the heroes who we could hear steadily making their way through the base. I don't know. My entire world had devolved into white noise. I was no longer focusing on the abomination in front of me, my mind wouldn't be able to take it. Instead, I stared down at the concrete floor, my mind blank. At some point, the thought that I must release my mother from her eternal torture dawned on me, but I knew what that would entail, and I didn't want to do that. I couldn't... I just couldn't do it.

"There's no need to kill him. I'll take him back with me. He escaped my grasp last time, but I'll be sure to keep him on a firm leash this time." Hisashi's voice broke through my haze, making my back straighten and breath hitch. The mere thought of going anywhere with that man-caused anxiety to race through me and my stomach to churn dangerously. Three pairs of eyes looked down on me, all analyzing me critically, eyes hungry to find any despicable use for me. I didn't need to think before I was scrambling away from the trinity of evil, somehow managing to make it past the door and into the monotonously grey hall.

The sound of thundering footsteps behind me only made me run faster as I careened down the hall, running into walls and scraping the palms of my hands as I went. I didn't feel any sort of pain in my fear consumed mind. The only thought running through my head was 'run'. That was all I could do, even as my 'mum' shrieked, getting closer and closer to catching me and dragging me back to Hisashi. Preparing to drag me back to a life I hadn't faced in nearly nine years. I didn't ever want to face Hisashi again, I wanted him dead.