Chapter 2: Pain

I've made the executive decision to upload today. I may not be able to do this every week, but I hope I can. 

Trigger Warning: Abuse, violence and blood. 

*Izuku's POV*

They left me alone for the first night. After Hisashi had spat in my face and expressed his hatred for me, I was dragged away by Dabi to a dusty room. Dabi threw me roughly onto an old, decrepit bed which felt like it was going to collapse under my weight. "I wouldn't try anything if I were you." Dabi hissed as I placed my hand on the bed, ready to transform it into something I could use. Dabi grabbed my wrist and slapped a thick bangle on it. "That is a quirk suppression cuff. If you try to use your quirk you will be electrocuted. So don't even try." Dabi hissed in my face. I didn't look at him. I stared down at the floor and avoided eye contact at all costs, I didn't want the villain stood in front of me to see the desperation and sadness in my eyes. I listened as Dabi's boots stomped from the room. The door was closed and bolted before I could make a move.

The night was spent huddled up against a wall, curled into a tight ball to conserve my heat. The windows to the room had been smashed. The jagged edges of the smashed glass were still in the window frame. Thick, black metal bars were mounted to the wall. So even though the window had been smashed and the harsh cold night wind whistled in the room, I couldn't escape. I resigned myself to a night of immense discomfort. 

I couldn't sleep at all. I watched as the moon moved across the sky. I wanted to be back at the dorms. I wanted to be in Shoto's arms. I wanted my dad. I wanted my papa. I wanted Kacchan. I wanted Kyoka. I wanted Ochako. I wanted Momo. I wanted my friends. But I couldn't have them because Hisashi was a bastard. I listened as the noise from the bar below me became more rambunctious. I could hear shouting and the occasional squeal from Toga. I tried to transform a few times, but Dabi wasn't kidding when he said I'd be electrocuted. I felt the electrical currents run through me, making me shake and jerk around on the bed. Despite the fact that I knew that I was hurting myself, I still tried to transform. My desperation and fear made it so that I couldn't feel the pain which accompanied the simple act of activating my quirk. I was torturing myself. 

When the morning sky was streaked with red, orange, blue and purple, the door to the room which I was locked in was kicked open rather violently. The lizard man, who's name was Spinner, marched in and grabbed me by the arm. I struggled pointlessly against his firm grip. He only held me tighter in response to my struggling. "Stop struggling, you brat!" Spinner snapped at me as I nearly made us trip down the stairs. I wasn't going to give up. If I had learnt anything from my years of living with my dad, it was that tenacity was a vital quality to being a hero. I wasn't going to give up just because I was told to. If I did, I'd be letting my dad down. "I said stop struggling!" Spinner shouted, smashing my face harshly into the rough exposed brick wall of the staircase. I hissed in pain as the disgusting metallic taste of blood filled my mouth. I spat my blood onto the stairs and glared at the scaly man beside me. Thick red ribbons of blood flowed from my nose as we continued our descent down the stairs.

When we arrived at the bar, the only people in the room were Hisashi, Dabi, Shigaraki and Kurogiri. Spinner left immediately after shoving me to the floor. "Izuku, it's been far too long. the last time we spoke to each other was at the USJ! Give your father a hug." Hisashi smirked, leaning closer to me. I quickly scrambled back from the monster and hit the wall of the bar. "Oh dear. You're hurting my feelings Izuku. That's not any way to treat your father." Hizashi gasped with a faint pout. I gathered enough courage to glare at him. "You're not my father! You were never my father!" I hissed at him, drawing in on myself as he advanced. The faux look of kindness in his eyes was immediately replaced with murderous intent. It was like looking into the soul of the devil. I could see years of abuse and my mother's murder shining in his eyes. "What did you say?" Hisashi growled lowly, his posture shifted and his demeanour immediately changed. It was like a whole different person was standing in front of me. I flinched away slightly before looking up into the embodiment of evil's eyes and staring him down. I wanted to prove that I wouldn't be cowered, no matter how scared I was. "You heard me! You're not my father. My dad saved me from the streets when you killed the only person who brought me joy. You're a monster!" I shouted at him. I heard Dabi snort from his seat on a barstool. My gaze was ripped away from him when my head was thrown backwards into the wall by Hisashi's fist.