Chapter 17: Off To Take A Test

Days of practice lead us into early September. We endured pain and persevered until it was finally time for us to head off to take our Provisional License test. Every day of hard work brought me closer and closer to the next step in achieving my dream. By the day before the test, I had developed two special moves. It was a good number, in my eyes. Some people had only developed one and practised it over and over again, whilst others- namely Kacchan- had developed a plethora of moves which were all really powerful. My two moves were both pretty powerful, yet they took some time to come up with. I wanted to try and use all aspects of my quirk but it was hard to incorporated transforming into people into an actual special move.

It was our last day of training our special moves when we encountered Monoma again. Everybody was working hard, as was usual when the familiar voice of Vlad King echoed around Gym Gamma. "Alright, Class A, time to get out. It's Class B's turn!" Vlad King shouted, making everybody halt in there movements. "Vlad, we have 10 minutes left. Give us a break." Dad sighed, looking lazily over to the door which Class B had just burst through. Vlad King shook his head and crossed his arm, seemingly adamant about us moving out of the gym. "Nope. We gave you an extra 15 minutes yesterday, you owe me this time." Vlad King stated firmly, glaring slightly at Dad. "The only reason we got those extra 15 minutes is that your class wasn't ready on time," Dad argued back. The two adults exchanged short quips and petty words whilst our two classes merged together. All training is forgotten. Well except for Kacchan and Shoto. They were still atop their pillars grinding away.

"Well if it isn't Class A!" Monoma cackled, throwing his head back to laugh maniacally. Everybody exchanged fed up looks, the boy was too much. Plus, I hadn't forgotten what he had said to me the last time we had come face to face. "Well, duh. Who else would it be?" Mina sassed, flipping her no existent long hair over her shoulder. There were a few chuckles in the assembled group of 40. Monoma glared at Mina before adamantly turning away and adopting his mocking voice again. "A little birdie told me that only half of those who enter the provisional test actually pass. How embarrassing will it be when Class B totally crushed Class A. We'll prove once and for all that we're so much better than you." Monoma cackled, an evil glint shining in his eyes. I was about to snap back at him when Dad spoke up. "Actually, you'll be taking your tests in different locations. We want to get as many of you through a possible and this is the best way to do so." he sighed, beckoning for us to follow him out. I assumed Vlad and him had decided to stop arguing and to just let 1B have their turn. Everybody bid farewell to their Class B friends, I hugged Yui, before we all bounced out of the gym and towards the school so that we could change out of our costumes.

The next day dawned bright. We all gathered in the lounge area, waiting patiently for Dad to step out and lead us to our bus. "I'm so nervous. What do you think the test will be like?" Ochako asked nervously, squeezing her girlfriend's hand just a little tighter. "Same here. I'm super nervous. The only upside is that I'll be able to see Auntie Joke and some of her students." I smiled slightly. I couldn't wait to see my Auntie, it had been so long. I had spoken to her over the phone, but it had been too long since I had been in her familiar joyful and joking presence. "I've got a gut feeling that I'm gonna meet someone I don't like," Kacchan growled causing Kaminari, Sero and Kirishima to laugh at him. "Don't you have that feeling all the time, Bakubro. You don't seem to like anyone you meet." Kiri chortled, slapping Kacchan heartily on his shoulder. Kacchan glared at Kiri, opting to simply cross his arms and stare resolutely away from him instead of replying like a normal person. I laughed at Kacchan before turning around at the sound of my dad's door opening and him stepping out of the room. "Ok, everyone. Pick up your costumes and walk to the front of the school building, the bus is waiting." Dad muttered, silencing the class's conversations. "Yes, Aizawa Sensei!" Everyone shouted, walking from Height's Alliance in their little friend groups.