Chapter 8: Hospital Hijinx

SPONTANEOUS MIDNIGHT UPLOAD!!! I should go to bed. 

*Izuku's POV*

I woke up an hour after I fell asleep. I heard the hushed voices of several adults speaking around me. They sounded excited. I rubbed my eyes and yawned before sitting up and scratching my head. My family and Kyoka's parents were all talking to each other with excitement gleaming in their eyes. Well, except for Dad, despite the fact that they were speaking about his engagement and wedding, he still looked dead behind the eyes. Kyoka was speaking quietly to Kacchan and Momo whilst Shoto sat beside Kacchan on his phone. It seemed that everyone was too preoccupied to notice that I was awake. I wanted to sneak up on Kacchan and Shoto, so I swung my legs off of my bed. The problem is that when I tried to stand up, immense pain shot up my legs causing me to fall backwards onto the bed. I guess Dad wasn't kidding when he said that I still had those injuries. It felt like my bone itself was bruised. The pain in my leg alerted me to the pain in the rest of my body. My aching ribs. My bruised face. Plus all the other injuries I had sustained. It was awful. "IZU!" Shoto called out in surprise, at my side within a second. 

"Are you ok?" my boyfriend asked, pulling my face into his hands and searching me over for injuries. Not the smartest idea since I was indeed covered in injuries from my previous... encounter. "Yeah, I'm fine. Calm down there, Shoto." I chuckled slightly, hugging my boyfriend around his waist. We stared into each other's eyes, I could get lost in the beauty of his orbs. We were startled out of our staring by several awkward coughs. I looked behind Shoto to see my dad, Kyoka's parents and Momo looking around awkwardly. I could see the battling emotions on my dad's face. Should he be happy that his son has found someone happy or threaten his son's boyfriend despite the fact that his son's boyfriend was his student? It was a very awkward situation. Though Auntie Nemuri and Auntie Joke didn't seem at all embarrassed by Shoto and I's displays of affection, in fact, it was quite the contrary. "Awww! Nemuri look at this shit! They're so cute I thought Kyoka and Yaoyorozu were adorable but this is a whole new barrel of laughs!" Emi squealed, grabbing Nemuri by the shoulders and shaking her. "I couldn't agree more. Look at them. You're too adorable Izu!" Nemuri sighed happily. I laughed awkwardly at my Aunties. I loved them to bits but they could overreact just a bit. I mean, just imagine how excited they would get at Shoto and I's wedding. I mean... it was a bit early to be speaking about weddings and stuff... Anyway, Dad scowled at Emi and Nemuri and told them they were being too loud. Shoto had moved away from me a bit when everyone's eyes had been on us, he was very clearly uncomfortable. It didn't take long for the adults to settle into their own chatter and for all my friends to move to my bedside.

"Are you sure you should be walking around, Kyoka? This morning your dad had to support you." I said, concern for my best friend very prominent in my voice. Kyoka chuckled slightly before placing a calming hand on my shoulder, "No need to get too worked up, Zuzu. I'm completely fine, I'll probably be leaving tomorrow." Kyoka said with a shrug. Whilst I was glad that my friend was ok, I couldn't help but be upset over the fact that I wouldn't have anyone to speak to. I was going to be in the hospital for another 6 days. I just wanted to be out and surrounded by those I love. I had a feeling that the longer I was in the hospital the more I would spiral. I hoped to whatever deities out there that my gut feeling wasn't true. 

My friends and I spoke for the entire day. Around mid-day, mine and Kyoka's parents had to leave. Auntie Nemuri and Emi left alongside them. My family promised to visit me at some point the next day, but they were still heroes and teachers so they couldn't stay with me all day. I understood, I still had my friends, anyway. I wasn't alone. Shuri-san didn't stay long when she brought me lunch, seeing as I had company. She stayed just long enough to check my vitals, ask a few questions about how much pain I was in and give me my lunch. I ate slowly as I joked around with Kacchan, Kyoka, Shoto and Yaomomo. Yaomomo didn't leave Kyoka's side. Even through her smile and bright eyes, I could still see the sadness and protective glint to Momo's eyes when she looked at Kyoka. It was clear she placed some of the blame of Kyoka being put in the hospital on herself. It was sad to see.