Chapter 3: Plans & Pity

Trigger Warning: Mentions of self-harm 

*Izuku's POV*

Nobody came in to check up on me. The sun made its journey across the sky and was dipping on the horizon, yet nobody had come in to check the severity of my wounds. I was under the impression that Hisashi wanted me to stay alive. Yet I was left bleeding on a bed, with several broken bones. It was painful to make even the most minute of movements. All I could do was lay there and stare out of the bars on the window and watch the world go by as it usually did. I knew that the pros would be looking for me. My friends and family wouldn't rest until I was found. I knew that even if the police gave up, they would keep looking. They were my only hope. I couldn't help myself. I'd never felt more useless. I knew how to fight quirklessly, but what use was that if I could barely move. My musings were cut short by the lock on the door clicking and the door creaking slightly as it was opened. 

If I could, I would have backed up into the corner to appear smaller. Or maybe I would have attacked whoever was coming through the door in a desperate attempt to escape. It doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is that I was in no position to defend myself, let alone attack any of the League of Villains. I watched as two people slipped into my room, making as little noise as possible. The light of the setting sun reflected off of the staples in Dabi's face and glinted in the amber of Toga's eyes. I flinched away from the two of them, moving very slowly and painfully towards the furthest corner of the bed from them. They shared a look of exasperation. Their look practically screamed 'Does he really think we're gonna hurt him?'. The answer to that unasked question being of course. Obviously I thought they were going to hurt me. I had no reason to believe otherwise. "Chill out. We're not gonna hurt you." Dabi drawled as leaned against the wall next to the door. I couldn't help but notice the way his shoulders were hunched slightly as if he were tense. "Yeah! We aren't gonna hurt you. Yet!" Toga squealed giddily, giggling to herself like a lovesick school girl. "Shut up, Toga! You know what Hisashit and Shigaraki will do if we're caught in here." Dabi hissed at Toga, standing slightly closer to the door as he spoke. It was if he was preparing to keep the door closed. "Oops, sorry." Toga giggled before turning her unnerving gaze to me and staring at me. I was becoming increasingly nervous by the way she was staring at me. "W-w-why are you here then?" I managed to stutter through my busted lip and bloodied tongue. The two villains shared a look again before both looking at me. "Look, I don't like you or heroes in general, but watching a kid be beaten doesn't sit right with me." Dabi sighed, looking off into the sunset. I could see it in his eyes that he'd had an experience with abuse himself. There was something else in his gaze as well, an untold story, waiting to be discovered and told. Although, he was a bit of a hypocrite. Did he not attack a summer camp with the explicit goal of both kidnapping and fighting teenagers? "I don't like Hisashi in general. He's disgusting, I can see it in his eyes that he's done stuff to women. Plus, only I can hurt you! I'm the only one allowed to make you bleed." Toga smiled wistfully as she mentioned making me bleed. Again, she was definitely psychotic. "We're here to heal you. Well more specifically speed up you're healing." Dabi huffed before there was a three-beat knock on the door.  

I watched as Dabi nodded to Toga before pulling the door openly fractionally. He peeped through the slit in the door, which artificial yellow light leaked through, and looked at the person on the other side. After a second he pulled away and let the person at the door in. "Hurry up and get in, Twice." Dabi snapped at the man who wore a black suit and mask. "Ok, I've got what you asked me to get. Don't tell me what to do asshole!" Twice started speaking in a happy tone before immediately switching to an angry and harsh tone. He switched personalities in an instant. Dabi tutted and snatched the paper bag from Twice's hand before stalking over to me. I tried to move further into the corner of the bed but I stopped when my entire body was wracked with pain. "Sit still, dipshit!" Dabi growled as he pulled a syringe from the paper bag. I stared with wide eyes as Dabi turned to me with the needle in his hand. I couldn't do anything as he grabbed onto my arm and inserted the needle. I gasped at the prick of pain. I felt the liquid as it entered my body and into my bloodstream. I didn't even feel as the needle was pulled from my skin and Dabi moved away from me. "That should speed up the natural healing of your injuries as well as mending your bones without doing too much damage." Dabi sighed. I didn't do anything. I just sat there and stared at the three villains who were all staring at me. I was immensely uncomfortable. "How can Hisashi hurt such a sweet-looking boy?  KILL HIM! He's gonna betray us!" Twice shouted. It was peculiar. How he said at least two vastly different things every time he spoke. "Hush, Jin, you'll scare him. Izuku-kun can only look scared around me. You know your dad is a piece of work. I can tell he's done stuff to women without consent." Toga snapped at Twice before turning to me. "He's not my dad." I hissed venomously. I surprised myself with how disgusted I sounded. "Sure, whatever. We need to go, you two. Shigaraki and Hisashit will be questioning where we are." Dabi rolled his eyes. The three villains shuffled out of the room, Toga making a heart with her hands at me as the door shut and the locks clicked into place.