Chapter 41: The Upcoming Culture Festival

A few days passed after I was released from the hospital, I had to watch for three days straight as all of my friends went to school and I was forced to stay in the dorms to 'recuperate' and 'get in the right mental headspace'. No matter how many times I argued that it would be beneficial for me to attend school, all of the teachers refused to let me go to school yet. Dad and Papa kept telling me that it was my own good and that I would be returning to school after a few days off, but that didn't reassure me. I simply wanted to go back to school. It wasn't a hard concept to grasp. I wanted something to distract me. There was only so much talking to Natsu-san and medication could do. Sure, both of those things were extremely helpful, but that didn't stop the fact that I craved to return to my old routine. I craved at least some sense of normalcy which I had lost due to The Mission and the death of my parents. It seemed that even in death Hisashi and his actions held sway in my life.

Thankfully, on the fourth day, when everyone returned from school and shuffled off to their bedrooms to change out of their uniform, Dad came to talk to me about returning to school the next day.

"Izuku, follow me to my room, we need to talk about you returning to school." Dad sighed, beckoning me to follow. I grinned as I bounced after him, the prospect of returning to school was exhilarating and pulled me from the boring haze which had been hovering over me for the past couple of days.

"We've spoken to Natsu-san," Dad began with a sigh, "And she has heavily suggested that you return to school now. Seeing as tomorrow is a Friday, you will obviously only be going to school for one day. In that day the teachers will be observing you and seeing how you are dealing with it. I understand that you just want to return back to school, but your mental health is imperative and we don't want to put too much pressure on you. If at any point you feel overwhelmed or on the verge of panicking, all you have to do is tell someone and we'll make sure you feel safe."

I nodded in understanding, trying and failing to keep my joy sealed inside of me. As odd as it may be for a teenager to be excited to go to school, you can understand where I'm coming from when you consider that I'm going to my dream school and I'm training to be a hero. Dad smiled slightly at me, shaking his head at my obvious jubilation.

"Remember, Izuku, take your health into consideration whilst attending school. You've been away from school for around two weeks, and only one of those weeks was spent in safety. I don't really want you to return just yet, but I can't dictate that. If both you and Natsu-san think you can return to school then I won't argue. But, please, don't push yourself too hard." Dad's voice took on a slight pleading tone, he was obviously concerned for me. The concern my dad held for me was refreshing. It showed that he was nothing like Hisashi, who didn't care about me and actively tried to hurt me, Shota was nothing like that.

"I know, Dad. I will be careful, I know what my limit is. Did Natsu-san tell you that maybe I shouldn't fight others just yet? Cause I don't think I'm ready for that yet." I hummed.

"Yes, she did. You can practice your quirk control and special moves. We'll give you options when it comes to training, we can pull you out whenever you want." Dad explained.

After we spoke for a while longer, Dad and I bid each other farewell, I left the room after squeezing him in a hug. When I ran out fo the room, I ran headfirst into somebody else, causing us both to topple over onto the floor. I lay winded beside the person, fighting to regain my breath.

"Oof." a familiar voice groaned from beside me. I rolled onto my side and came face to face with the familiar violet eyes of my new brother. Upon seeing that it was Hitoshi, I beamed at him.