Chapter 30: Another Child In Danger? Guess I've Gotta Rescue Them!

A few weeks passed and our internships couldn't have been going better. Everyone in the class had compelling stories to share about their experiences with their respective heroes. Kirishima made his hero debut with a bang, using his 'Unbreakable' move to take down a villain who was hyped up on a new type of drug. Ochako and Tsu aided Ryoku and Nejire in taking down two giant battling villains. They weren't the only ones with crazy tales to tell.

Kacchan told us about a group of villains Mirko and he took down in a warehouse. I heard the official story on the news, but it was even more enthralling as Kacchan told it to Kiri, Kyoka and I in his bedroom, the late evening sunlight washing his face pumpkin orange.

"We weren't even looking for the fuckers, Usagiyama and I were just running around the back alleys of this shit part of town when she heard these suspicious noises coming from an abandoned warehouse." Kacchan started the story, a look of satisfaction on his face as all three of us looked up at him from the floor.

"You're allowed to call her by her name?" Kirishima asked in awe.

"Tch. Course I am, Shitty Hair. Now shut up otherwise I won't be able to tell the story." Kacchan tutted at Kiri.

"Sorry, Babe." Kiri apologised, full shark-toothed grin in place as Kacchan's ears glowed red at the term of endearment.

"Anyway, Usagiyama told me to stay quiet and not fuck up otherwise she would kick my ass when we finished patrol. So I stayed quiet and we moved into the building only to see that there were like 10 guys all huddled around a crate full of bioweapons. The shitheads were talking about how they were going to set them on the city. Like how dumb do you have to be to talk about that shit in an abandoned warehouse where any fucker can hear you." Kacchan snorted.

"We only waited long enough for Usagiyama to know what was going on fully before we went in and attacked. Of course, we were outnumbered 10 to 2, but Mirko had no trouble taking down 2 of the bastards with her first blow. The bitch knows how to get shit done, ya know. I went after this fucker with a quirk which let him create bubbles full of fire. He tried to do shit but he was a weakling so I dealt with him easily. Just blew him onto his ass and knocked him out gently." Kacchan shrugged. I wanted to question how you knocked someone out gently, but I doubted Kacchan would appreciate my questions.

"The fight lasted around 15 minutes maybe. I took out 4 of those weirdos whilst Usagiyama took out 6. She made me call the police, something about getting used to it, and then we left. She told me I did well by punching me on the arm. Don't look at me like that, it wasn't even that hard. That's how we communicate dumbasses. She's a really good hero." Kacchan said assertively with a firm nod.

Aside from Kacchan's internship, Shoto told me that he had been learning a lot from Burnin and that she knew quite a few of his father's techniques after working with him for so long. He was learning a lot and I couldn't be happier for him. The progress on his and his sibling's case against his father was slow going, but it appeared as though they had already won. From the sounds of it, Endeavour wasn't trying all too hard to keep his kids. Shows how much he loves them. Shoto was nearly in his sister's custody, where he belonged.

Kyoka, Kami and Papa were all having a whale of the time in their internship. Most nights, they all appeared on Papa's radio show, joking around and listening to music. I had a feeling that most of the music choices were made by Kyoka. I made sure to listen to it live as much as I could, but sometimes I had to listen to the recording. It wasn't all fun and games for Kyoka and Kami though, after all, they were training to be heroes, not radio show hosts. They two of them had resolved quite a few crimes and minor villains attacks. Nothing over the top, but still quite dangerous.