Chapter 28: Work Studies

A week passed after Shinso agreed to be part of our family. Of course, it took a bit more than just Shinso agreeing to be in our family for it to be recognised in the eye of the law. Dad and Papa had to sign adoption papers and prove that they were suitable guardians, but that didn't really concern any of us. Dad owned a house with enough rooms to house all four of us, they both had multiple well-paying jobs and Papa was a well-known and respected hero. Being a pro hero had its perks. Of course, my parent's being heroes didn't eliminate them from the usual procedure, but we all knew that Shinso was going to be successfully adopted into our family. I couldn't wait for him to meet Auntie Joke, she was going to be thrilled.

Aside from Shinso being adopted, I had another thing to be excited about. Internships. A majority of the class had found people to intern with, most people returned to the people they did work studies with, but for some people, that wasn't a possibility so they had to look elsewhere. Tsu and Ochako were completing their internships with Ryukyu. Kiri was going to Fat Gum. Kyoka was interning with Papa alongside Kaminari. Kacchan was interning with the Rabbit Hero: Mirko. The offer for an internship with Mirko had come completely out of the blue for Kacchan.

We had been in class one day, we were in Hero informatics class which of course meant we were researching potential people to do internships with and those of us with offers were going over them. I had already decided to intern with my dad since I thought he would be able to teach me a lot about stealth and missions conducted from the shadows. My quirk was good for combat, but I knew that once I went pro, I was going to take on a lot of undercover missions due to the nature of my quirk, it only seemed right. Since I had already decided who I wanted to intern with, I was helping my friends pick their's out.

"I have an offer from Ryukyu," Ochako muttered as she looked down at the paper in front of her.

"So do I. I think we should accept, she is a top hero and we could learn a lot from her. Kero." Tsu croaked wisely. Ochako nodded her head in agreement and ticked the box next to Ryukyu's name. I turned around in my chair and saw Iida had already ticked the box next to the Speed Hero: Dash. The decisions were extremely logical and made sense, so I decided to leave Iida to talk to Momo and turn to Shoto.

"Who are you going to choose, Shoto?" I asked. Shoto frowned slightly as he looked at the list which was presented to him. I looked at it and saw the cause of Shoto's frown. 'Endeavour Agency' was at the top of his list. "Oh, I see," I whispered.

"He would be the most logical choice, seeing as I have his quirk, but I don't think I can face him. I told Fuyumi about leaving, and she said she would try to get custody of me. I just don't know what to do." Shoto whispered brokenly. I quickly glanced at the front of the class to see my dad curled up in his sleeping bag. I pulled Shoto into a comforting hug and pecked him on the lips.

"It's ok, Shoto. You don't need to face him until you're ready. Look, you have a lot of offers, what about this one, hmm?" I asked pointing to the hero 'Burnin'. She had worked under Endeavour but had moved away from him in recent years to work under a Commission owned agency. "She worked with him so she probably knows a lot of his techniques plus she has a fire quirk, she could probably help you a lot. From what I've seen in interviews, her personality is similar to Kacchan's so you will probably get along ok with her since you're so used to Kacchan's bad attitude." I added.

"Oi, I heard that nerd!" Kacchan shouted from his seat. Kirishima laughed at his boyfriend which resulted in Kacchan glaring at him and muttering curses under his breath as he continued to look down his list.

I rolled my eyes at Kacchan and looked back at Shoto who was staring at the list with a contemplative look on his face. "So, what do you think, are you gonna choose her?" I asked. Shoto nodded his head and ticked the box next to Burnin's name.