Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A few hours later, I forced myself to trudge down to the lobby. Perrie was already there with Patrick, but Harry and Nick were nowhere to be seen. When I stopped in front of the two, I looked at my surroundings with my lips pressed together.

"Where are the rest?" I asked Patrick.

He crossed his arms over his chest, pursing his lips. "Most of the crew members have already left to prepare for the show. We're only waiting for Harry and Nick to arrive."

"Shocker," I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes. "Can Perrie and I wait in the car in the meantime?"

A smile broke out on his face, and he extended his hand with the key in it. "Sure, but don't go anywhere without us," he said, dropping it in my palm as I held my own hand out.

"Promise," I replied, grabbing Perrie's arm to pull her with me towards the exit.

The black Range Rover was parked on the sidewalk right outside the hotel, and it was the only one out of the five we had brought still standing there, so I realized Patrick must have told the truth about the rest already having left.

I let go of Perrie's arm the second we stepped outside in the lovely weather for once. "Thank you," she mumbled with an eye roll.

After unlocking the car, we both got inside, taking the same seats we'd had since the first day. The second everything turned silent, Perrie turned to me with a look of expectation. "What?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Did something happen? Or why else was it so important to wait here and not in the lobby?"

I turned my gaze to the driver's seat in front of me, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth. "Nothing happened. Harry and I just had a bit of an argument," I muttered, ignoring the look she was giving me.

"Oh, so it's about that," she said, realization crossing her features. "I should have known. The way he was glaring at you when you were talking to Eleanor kind of spoke for it."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I turned to meet her gaze after all. "It's none of his business. I just don't understand why he cares so much. I mean, so what if I'm back to dating her in public again? It's only my problem these days," I muttered.

She pursed her lips, tilting her head to the side thoughtfully. "Didn't you two fight for her contract to end, though? Maybe he's just hurt that you went back to her after all the effort you put into it?" She considered.

"Maybe," I mumbled. "But it's not like I had a choice. I tried to tell him that, but he didn't believe me. He thinks I willingly got back together with her, and it's so fucking stupid because he knows I've never liked her like that. I'm not even into girls."

"I know, Louis. He probably didn't mean to say that. I'm sure he was just hurt," she reasoned.

I let out a scoff, raising my eyebrows at her. "Well, he can go suck his own fucking dick if that's it. He doesn't have a say in what's going on in my life anymore anyway."

Before she could open her mouth to reply, the doors opened, and the three people we were waiting on entered the car. Harry climbed into the seat next to Perrie while Nick and Patrick took the front seats. I refused to look at the curly-haired man, the irritation still present from our previous conversation.

The entire ride to the venue, EventCity, was quiet. The only thing that could be heard in the car was the sound of the radio playing, which was somewhat comforting, judging by the tension filling the air.

Once we arrived, Patrick showed us the way to the dressing room, where our stylists were already waiting for us. I had grown pretty close to the two females who usually got me ready for the show by now, so I greeted them genuinely with a smile on my face before sitting down on my chair.