Prologue

The year is 2018, two years after One Direction went on hiatus, and also two years after Louis and Harry went their separate ways. Truth be told, they went their separate ways already a few months before that. They just pretended they were still on good terms so their fans wouldn't get suspicious. What happened between the two is something neither of them wants to talk about, and they haven't spoken a word to each other since the day the band went on hiatus.

Now, two years later, Louis has just accepted the offer of being a judge in The X Factor. What he doesn't expect, though, is that he isn't the only one out of the members of One Direction who has accepted the offer. Harry has too. What will happen when the two have to spend time together after two years of not talking to each other? And what if one of the other judges is someone Louis has always been jealous of considering his close friendship with Harry?

-----

Hi, guys! First of all, I have a few things I want to warn you about:

- Freddie won't be mentioned in the story.

- Sexual content?? (haven't decided yet)

- A lot of things won't be as what happened in real life.

- This is just fiction.

- I'm from Sweden, so sorry if my grammar sucks!

Check out my other Larry fanfics if you want to: Secret Feelings, Fame Changed Everything, You Think I Hate You?, Anything For You, When Hate Turns Into Love, The Kiss and Invisible!

I'm so excited about writing this story because I've always wanted to write a "real-life" fanfic about Larry but never really got around doing it (except for Anything For You). I hope you're as excited as me because this is going to be a rollercoaster of emotions haha x

-----

Prologue

"It has now been two years since the famous boyband One Direction went on hiatus. All of the boys have been successful after this. Niall has released a solo album, and so has Harry while Liam and Louis are working on it. Rumors have it two of the boys will be part of som-"

"Lottie, can you please turn that off? I'm trying to concentrate here," I muttered, my eyebrows pulled together as I tried to focus on the song I was currently writing.

Lottie let out an exasperated sigh where she was sitting on my couch before turning off the flat screen. "Are you ever going to finish? You've been writing all day," she complained, crossing her arms over her chest.

I looked up at her with arched eyebrows. "It takes time to write good songs, alright, Lots?" I retorted, making her roll her eyes.

It took a while before she opened her mouth to continue talking. "Is it about Harry?" She asked hesitantly while biting her bottom lip.

I could feel my heart stop beating for a second at the mention of his name. Looking down at my guitar, I inhaled a deep breath. "No," I mumbled monotonously.

She was quiet for another long while before she replied, "Almost all the songs you've written so far are about him, so why wouldn't this be?"

I snapped my head up to meet her gaze, my eyes boring into hers. "I wrote the other songs when we were still together. Why would I write songs about him now when we haven't even talked to each other in two years?"

She tilted her head to the side, a faint smile gracing her lips. "Because you still love him, and you miss him. A lot of people write songs about heartbreak and how it feels to be without the one they love," she explained, making me scoff.

"I don't love him. It's been two years. It'd be stupid of me to still feel that way about him. Besides, I'm pretty certain he has moved on from me a long time ago, so I would only embarrass myself if I wrote a song about him now."

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "What even happened between you two? You were together for five years, then you all of a sudden couldn't even stand to be in the same room as each other. Why have you never told me what happened?" She frowned, seeming a little hurt.

I bit my lip, looking down at the floor. Just thinking about what happened between me and Harry made my heart hurt. I never thought the day would come. I always thought Harry and I would grow old together, but then that evening in October took place and turned everything upside down.

"I'd rather not talk about it, to be honest. It's in the past anyway. It's not like we can turn back time and change what happened," I muttered.

She pursed her lips, shaking her head while averting her gaze. "No, I guess not," she mumbled. "I wish, though, because then I would be able to go back and see mum again."

I could feel a lump form in my throat at her words, and I instantly regretted what I had just said. Why did I have to be so stupid? "Fuck, I shouldn't have said that. Come here," I said, motioning for her to scoot over.

I placed my guitar on the couch beside me and wrapped my arms around her body once she sat next to me. She put her arms around my frame as well, hugging me tightly. We sat there for a long while, just enjoying the presence of each other without saying a word. There was nothing I loved more than having these moments with my sister.

It wasn't until five minutes later that she eventually broke the silence. "I may be stupid sometimes, Lou, but when I say that you and Harry are meant to be together, I mean it. I don't know what happened between you, but I do know that if you just tried to talk to each other again, I'm sure you could work things out. You would be so much happier, Lou. I know you would because I've never seen you as happy as you were with him. So please do yourself a favor and try to fix things if you ever get the chance. I'm saying this because I love you, Lou, and I want what's best for you," she said, looking into my eyes.

I could feel my jaw clenching at her words. If only she knew that it wasn't that simple. I may have done things wrong back then, but I wasn't the only one who had done so. Harry was at fault too, and I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to forgive him for what he did to me.

-----

Alright, guys! That's the prologue! I hope you're interested so far :) x

I can't tell you how excited I am to write this story ahh!

Also, feel free to follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @ Habitsantidote x

Paperback available on Amazon. Link on my profile!

 Link on my profile!

Pauline .xx