Chapter 42

Chapter 42

The days passed, and things between me and Harry only got better. More and more of my clothes seemed to transfer over to Harry's place, and Clifford and I spent most nights there as well. We were still trying to take things pretty slow, though. We didn't want to rush into our relationship, just like we didn't when we were young.

Therefore, we hadn't told anyone that we were back together yet, not even our families. I was positive both Anne and Lottie had a strong feeling, though, seeing as it was quite impossible to hide that we were spending a lot of time with each other.

Anne had come over once when Harry was alone and caught sight of Clifford's food bowls in the kitchen. She had knowingly pointed out that Harry had no pets to feed and therefore no reason to own these bowls. If I were honest, I had no idea how he managed to get out of that situation without telling the truth.

Lottie, on the other hand, had visited my house at least three times the last couple of weeks, but I hadn't been home once. I tried to tell her that I was spending more time at work, but she wouldn't have it. "I've been visiting on days when I know you're free from work, so don't even try to go there," she had told me. Besides, she already knew that Harry and I were 'heading there', so it was particularly hard to keep it from her.

But it wasn't like we wanted to hide it from them. All we wanted was to spend some time together, being in our bubble without having anyone asking questions for a while. It was nice knowing only the two of us knew what was going on.

Perrie and Nick might be excluded, though. We hadn't told them, but since we worked so close, it was almost impossible for them not to know when they were aware of our past. Besides, Nick had made it clear that he knew when he told me to take care of Harry, which was only two days after we had come to terms with it. And Perrie had sent us many knowing smiles these past few weeks, ever since our trip to Manchester. I was rather thankful that they hadn't asked any questions, though.

Another person it was difficult to hide it from was Liam, and Harry was in the same position with Niall. We both knew they wanted to know as soon as possible, and they deserved to as well, just like our families did, but I saw no reason to rush, and neither did Harry. We would tell them eventually.

Two people we had promised never to mention a word to, on the other hand, were Simon and Harry's manager. From experience, we knew that would only do us bad, especially if Simon found out. I didn't even want to know what he would do. The mere thought made uncomfortable chills run down my spine.

As for Logan, he had approached me a few times since he walked by me that time in the arena. He had apologized for asking me out, saying he didn't want things to get awkward between us. If I were honest, I didn't know what to do about the situation, but I found it sweet that he apologized because he didn't need to do that. It wasn't his fault I didn't reciprocate his feelings. After all, we had known each other for a while now, and we got along quite well, so it wasn't surprising that he asked me out, as mentioned before.

In the end, I decided to be civil about it and told him it was alright. Things didn't need to be awkward. We could move on from it and pretend it never happened. Or at least I could. I couldn't speak for him, but if he was willing to apologize and tell me he didn't want things to be awkward, I was pretty sure he had considered moving on.

Harry wasn't very pleased about it, though, like I wasn't pleased seeing him interact with Leah and Nick. I could feel his gaze on me every time Logan approached me, his green eyes squinting at us for a while too long. I had to give it to him, he was very attractive when he was jealous, so these situations didn't really bother me, but I knew what it felt like to be in his shoes, which was why I usually tried to get out of the situation anyway.