Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"You're on in half an hour."

Harry, Liam, Niall, Zayn and I were in the arena dressing room, preparing ourselves to go on stage and do yet another show. It was the fifth one in six days, and by now, it felt like we were all doing it on autopilot, singing the songs we knew by heart and saying the same things to the audience.

But regardless, we always tried to make the best of it and have fun at the same time. We were known for being ourselves - it was what the fans loved about us, so we made sure to bring that to the stage instead of rehearsed dance moves that other artists did.

Harry was already finished, sitting on the couch with his phone in his hand, playing what looked like Candy Crush. His curls were getting pretty long these days, so he had tied them up in a blue bandana, making him look very attractive.

Just looking at him from the chair I was sitting on made my arms itch. I wanted to hold him and kiss him before the show, but if Lou wasn't finished with my hair soon, I doubted I would have time for it.

Niall was getting his makeup done in the armchair next to me, which he didn't seem to enjoy very much if the way he was scrunching his nose was anything to go by. "Ashley, I'm pretty sure I don't need more of this stuff on my face," he huffed, trying to bat her hand away unsuccessfully.

Ashely just rolled her eyes at Niall's comment. "You're never going to get used to it, are you?"

Niall only gave her a pout through the mirror in return.

Thankfully, Lou was finished with my hair only five minutes later, so I didn't waste any time getting up from my seat and walking over to the couch where Harry was still sitting, engaged in his iPhone. I stopped at his feet, looking down at him with a fond smile on my lips.

"Hi, gorgeous," I greeted, leaning down so that I was hovering over him, one hand on the backrest next to his head.

His eyes instantly snapped up to meet mine, a smile forming on his lips. "Hey, Lou," he replied, tilting his chin up so that our lips could meet in a sweet kiss.

At first, it wasn't meant to last longer than a few seconds, but as our mouths kept moving together, I could feel myself getting addicted to it. My hands found his neck, my thumbs pressing against the skin of his jawline as he brought me closer by gripping my waist, his phone long gone now.

By the time Harry swiped his tongue along my bottom lip, I was so far from real life that it caught me completely off guard when a pillow suddenly hit the side of my face. "Oi, that's enough, guys," Zayn complained, and as I broke the kiss, I could see him standing across the room, his nose scrunched up and his arms folded over his chest.

"It was just a kiss, Zayn. You've seen worse than that," I reminded him.

He scoffed, scrunching his nose even more. "And I sure as hell don't want a repeat nor be reminded of it. So get your filthy hands off each other and start getting ready for the show."

With that said, he left the room, leaving us with the people who were still here but weren't paying any attention to us whatsoever. I turned back to Harry, who had an evident smile playing on his lips, his eyes focusing on my features. "I'm pretty sure we still have five minutes," he grinned.

I chuckled as I dipped down to give him another kiss. He reached up to reciprocate it immediately, sliding his mouth against my own. "Hmm, I love kissing you," I hummed against his lips.

"Great," he mumbled in reply, pulling me closer by the grip on my hips so that I had no other choice but to sink down on his lap, my knees on either side of his body. "Because I love kissing you too."