Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Harry didn't make eye contact with me again that evening, and I didn't try to do so with him either. It felt like all my energy had been drenched from my body after our conversation, and all I wanted was to go back to the hotel. Thankfully, Liam seemed to notice this, so we got up from our seats shortly after we had returned from the bathroom, leaving the four people behind.

After recording the show the next day, Liam and I packed our bags and headed to the airport. I had barely spoken a word to him about anything other than the show since last night, and judging by the crease that was edged into the skin between his eyebrows, I had a feeling he was aware of this.

He didn't say anything about it until we had boarded the plane and were sitting in our seats, though. He turned to me with a determined look on his face, his eyes staring into mine. "I know something happened last night," he stated, not even asking because he knew.

I bit my bottom lip, turning to look out the small window. "Why would you think that?" I asked, lacing my fingers together on my lap.

He let out a sigh. "You have barely spoken a word to me since we left the club, and after you came back from wherever you went, you seemed off. We all also noticed that Harry followed you, so I have a distinct feeling he is the reason you're so quiet. Tell me if I'm wrong."

Pursing my lips, I turned to him slowly, furrowing my eyebrows. "You're not," was the only thing I said.

A gentle smile formed on his lips. It was almost sympathetic. "So, what happened?" He asked tentatively, probably not wanting to seem pushy.

I hesitated at first, contemplating whether I should tell him or not, but then I figured it wouldn't matter since he already knew everything else that had happened between me and Harry lately. The only thing he didn't know was what went down when we broke up. "We uh... we brought up what happened that evening," I explained eventually.

Liam seemed surprised by this. "Really? Did you talk about it? Like, discuss why it happened?"

I shook my head. "No, we just kind of accused each other of it," I mumbled, the memory of Harry's face before leaving the bathroom replaying in my head.

I hadn't been able to stop thinking about it since it happened because he looked so hurt. The question was why he looked hurt when he had hurt me just as much, if not even worse. He cheated on me. He had no right to look at me like that. No right at all. But the fact that he did made me sick to my stomach, and the sickness hadn't gone down since then.

"Hmm," he hummed, running a hand through his hair. "Well, at least that's one step in the right direction. I mean, you at least brought it up. That's always something," he shrugged.

"Yeah," I mumbled, looking down at my lap.

"So, that's why you have barely spoken since then? Because you and Harry brought up the reason you broke up?" He asked, probably wanting it to be confirmed.

Harry's pained expression showed up in my head once again, and I almost winced. "I just... He made it seem like I'm the only one to blame, as if what he did to me is nothing compared to what I did to him. It just made me feel sick."

He let out a sigh, reaching out to pat me on the thigh reassuringly. "This is what I meant when I said you should talk about it. You have no idea what's going on inside his head, and he has no idea what's going on inside of yours. If you just talked it out, you'd get an explanation as to why he reacted the way he did."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "It's not that easy, though. We barely talk, Liam. We just get on each other's nerves, which is the only reason we utter a word to each other," I explained. "Besides, didn't I already tell you that I don't want to be reminded of it more than I already am?"