Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"How long is it until we have to go up on stage?" I asked the guy standing next to me, knowing he was in the same group as I was.

The blonde male looked down at the watch around his wrist. "Twenty minutes."

"Thanks," I grinned, patting him on the arm before scurrying off towards the bathrooms.

I was in London for the second time in my life, this time to do Boot Camp for the X Factor. Getting through from my audition was something I never expected to do, so being here in London to do the next stage of the competition felt surreal. I couldn't understand how they thought I was good enough to be here.

Therefore, there was no escaping that I was nervous, which was why I really needed to use the toilet. If I didn't go soon, I was sure I was going to piss myself.

Running through the corridors, almost knocking people down as I passed them, I finally reached a door with a picture of a male on it. I opened it and walked over to the urinals without hesitating before unbuckling my jeans.

It wasn't until then I noticed that a guy was standing beside me, brown, curly locks covering the side of his face, which made it difficult to see his eyes. As if on cue, the boy turned to me right then, and fuck, if it wasn't the most beautiful boy I had ever laid eyes on. He had beautiful, green eyes framed by long, brown eyelashes. His lips were the poutiest pink, and even if it was a stranger, I had never felt the same urge to kiss someone's lips before. That wasn't all, though, because even though the boy wasn't smiling, I could tell that he had dimples. Fucking dimples. How was this boy even real? He looked like a fucking angel, those goddamn curls only adding to it.

I was so taken aback by his features that I barely noticed the sudden feeling on my leg. If it weren't for the fact that the boy let out an embarrassed 'oops' followed by his cheeks turning pink, I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

"Hi," I smiled dreamily, my eyes still locked on his face.

The spell was broken when the boy looked away, and I was suddenly snapped back to reality. I had finished a long time ago, so I tucked myself back in my pants before looking down at my leg that had a wet stain on it.

"I'm so, so sorry. I swear, I didn't mean to. I just..." The boy trailed off, and when I looked back up at him, he was hiding his face behind his hands while looking away from me in embarrassment.

"Hey," I said reassuringly, feeling grateful that I had been given an opportunity to speak to this boy. "It's okay. I'm not mad at you."

It took a while until the boy dropped his hands, but when he did, he still refused to meet my eyes, his entire face beet red now. "I swear, that has never happened before. This is so embarrassing. Fuck, I'm so sorry," he kept apologizing, shaking his head in disbelief.

I placed my hands on his shoulders, being the bold person I had always been, and gave him no other choice but to meet my gaze. "Look, I don't mind, alright? It's okay. Don't worry about it," I reassured him, giving him a gentle smile to let him know I meant it.

He returned the smile half-heartedly, nodding hesitantly. "Okay... Alright."

After observing his features one more time, I let go of the beautiful boy, giving him a final smile before turning to wash my hands and wiping at the stain with a wet paper towel. It wasn't even that bad. I didn't know why this boy was so embarrassed.

Through the corner of my eye, I could see that he was about to leave the bathroom, and for some reason, I didn't want him to, so I threw the paper towels away and followed him out, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder once I caught up with him. "Hey, wait."