Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Louis?" Harry asked, looking up at me through his eyelashes.

We were cuddling on our couch in Princess Park, his head tucked into my neck as I carded my hands through his luscious curls. I couldn't get enough of them, his soft, chocolate brown locks. They were just irresistible.

We had returned from Leeds a few weeks ago, and yesterday, we had decided to tell Simon about what had happened during our trip. We didn't know what to expect, but his reaction took us both by complete surprise, and not in a good way.

"Yes, love?"

I looked down to meet his green eyes with a lazy smile on my lips, trying to shake yesterday's happenings out of my head.

"What Simon told us, it won't tear us apart, right? His opinion doesn't matter."

He was saying it in a way that made it obvious he was afraid that I didn't agree with him. It saddened me that he thought I wasn't as devoted to this relationship as I was. If only he knew how much I loved him, how much I cared for him. Meeting him and getting to spend every day in his company was the best thing that had ever happened to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, shaking my head as I continued running my hands through his hair. "Of course his opinion doesn't matter. Whatever he decides to do to us won't stop me from loving you and wanting to be with you. Alright, Haz?"

A happy smile formed on his lips, and he scooted even closer to my body. "You promise?"

"Yes, love," I said, leaning down to press a sweet kiss to his forehead. "I promise."

-----

"I can't believe you and Niall are doing this to us," I told Liam that night after I had come back from recording the first part of the Judges' houses episode.

I had been out eating with the contestants, chatting with them about the upcoming day. Most of them seemed pretty calm so far, but I was sure the nerves would kick in when they had to perform tomorrow.

Liam was lying on his bed, one of his legs crossed over the other with his arms behind his head. He looked over at me where I was standing with my arms folded over my chest, leaning against the bathroom door. "This isn't about you and Harry, Louis," Liam sighed.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "It's about the band, isn't it? You want us all to hang out now that we're here together and all that."

His face changed into a look of slight frustration. "It honestly surprises me that the band didn't go on hiatus because of your breakup. I'm sure it would have been the reason if you two had broken up before it was announced."

I blinked at him, although I knew he was right. There was no way Harry and I would have been able to continue being in the band longer than we were after our breakup. Those months we had to pretend in front of the cameras before the hiatus were horrible.

"Fuck off," I muttered, averting my gaze from him.

"I don't even understand why you find it so repulsive to be around him. Apart from hitting each other while we were playing beach volley, I didn't see any problem with you spending time together," he pointed out.

I bit my lip, still refusing to meet his gaze. Maybe it had been one of the better encounters Harry and I had since our breakup, but that didn't mean things weren't less tense between us. Ever since he had pointed me out for staring at him, I had been refusing to think about it.