Chapter 45

Chapter 45

The rest of the week flew by in the snap of the fingers. Simon kept his promise and didn't send Leah and Logan to the arena again. I didn't know if Harry was happy or sad about this because he wanted an explanation as to how she could have been so cruel even if she started caring for him, but at the same time, he never wanted to see her again.

I couldn't blame him. I was mad at Logan too, but we were not as close as they were, and maybe that was because Logan had never really cared about me. Even if he had made an effort to get close, I had never seen him as more than a colleague I talked to occasionally.

If I were honest, I didn't know what to think of Leah growing feelings for Harry. It didn't surprise me, but it didn't sit well with me either. It wasn't that it made any particular difference, but knowing she had liked him and wanted to be with him when they had been sort of dating made me feel weird. That meant they could have been dating now if Harry had felt differently about their situation, and that thought made me want to throw up.

But at the same time, she was still hired by Simon to keep an eye on us, so their relationship probably wouldn't have lasted very long. It was just the thought that things could have turned out differently if Harry had felt like continuing what they had going on that didn't sit well with me.

Other than that, things went pretty well at work. Since Harry and I had missed half a day (which Patrick wasn't pleased about), we had a lot to catch up on with our acts. It turned out Nick had helped them out while we were gone, seeing as he didn't have any acts left in the competition. He was an angel for doing that, and both Harry and I had thanked him on Wednesday morning.

"No biggie," he had replied with a faint smile on his face.

I still felt bad for him. I couldn't help it. He had really tried showing how happy he was for me and Harry, but the pain in his eyes was apparent whenever his eyes fell on us. It didn't matter that he had always been a pain in the ass to me. It was long forgotten now, especially since he had been nothing but kind these last few weeks. I just hoped he would move on soon, so things didn't have to stay this way. I knew it was affecting his and Harry's friendship as well, and I didn't want that.

Although we hadn't told anyone directly that Harry and I were dating, I could tell that a few crew members suspected it. Some of them would shoot us knowing glances when they caught us looking at each other absentmindedly. It was never intentional, which was probably why it was so obvious.

Aaliyah, the girl who had shown her infatuation with us, was one of the people who noticed it. Her gaze would linger on us for a bit too long when we were engaging with each other, and it was something in her eyes that made me feel warm inside. Hope. Excitement. Happiness. All of them combined. It made me feel accepted, knowing one of our fans was happy to see me and Harry together. It made it even more obvious that Simon had been wrong.

Since time flew by, it didn't feel long until the day of the final show arrived. I didn't know what to think about it. I was sad that this long journey was ending, which was no news. I had been feeling sad about it for a while now, but at the same time, I was also looking forward to when it was over, and we could focus on other things in life. Because the last week of the show was the most hectic one out of them all, so I was pretty sure everyone looked forward to getting a break from it all.

Besides, things were now different from how they had been when I first thought about the show ending. Back then, my future had been pretty sad. I would have gone back to living in my house alone with Clifford, might have released a few songs, and spent some time with friends now and then. That was basically what my life had looked like the last couple of years, minus the music part.