Chapter 36

Chapter 36

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was something tickling my lips, and it became clear what it was when I fluttered my eyes open and saw a mop of curls sprawled out over my chest.

I couldn't help but smile at the beautiful sight. Harry was still sleeping soundly, soft snores escaping his slightly parted lips every other second. He looked so relaxed, more relaxed than I had seen him do in a long time.

I reached up to move the curls that were tickling my lips away before going back to studying him. His arm was still wrapped securely around my frame, one of his legs hooked over both of mine with the covers in between us. He was still fully clothed, making me secretly wonder if he was as comfortable as he looked.

After spending at least five minutes studying his sleeping figure, I reached over to grab my phone from the nightstand. I noticed I only had a few notifications, but I decided to ignore them as I opened Twitter to check my feed.

Many of the tweets were about us and our visit to the restaurant yesterday evening. It would be stupid to say that we had been secretive about the whole thing. I was pretty sure the entire fandom knew about it by now.

I continued scrolling through my feed until a certain tweet caught my eye. Right. Manchester United was playing today. I knew this in the back of my mind, but after everything that had happened since Patrick announced that we were coming here Friday morning, it had totally slipped my mind.

Ever since I was a little kid, Manchester United was the team I had cheered for when it came to Premier League. And ironically enough, Harry did too since he was raised only half an hour away from the city.

We had watched a lot of games together in the past. We even went to one just the two of us back in 2013 even though we had been strictly told that we weren't allowed to be seen together in public anymore.

 We even went to one just the two of us back in 2013 even though we had been strictly told that we weren't allowed to be seen together in public anymore

Thinking back to this made my heart clench in my chest. I missed those days. Watching football alone was great, but watching it with Harry was amazing. I would never say no to watching another game with him.

Before I could think of anything else, I felt the said man stir in his sleep, turning his face so that his nose was pressed against my chest. Inhaling a deep breath, I looked down as he squeezed my body, hugging me tightly before relaxing. He then turned his head again, this time so that I could see him fluttering his eyes open.

It took a few seconds until he had registered his surroundings, a crease slowly forming between his brows. The deeper it grew, the more nervous I could feel myself getting. Since he had been exhausted yesterday and drunk at least three drinks (even though he claimed he wasn't affected by them), I was afraid that he wouldn't be very happy when he realized he was lying on my chest while hugging my body with both his arm and leg.

But to my surprise, he didn't move away immediately. Instead, he tilted his head so that he could make eye contact with me, the frown being replaced by a small smile. "Hey," he mumbled, making my lips twitch and my heart race in my chest, which I was pretty sure he could feel as well.