Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Boot Camp went great. We had really found some fantastic singers this year, just like Logan and I talked about. Frankie and Aaliyah were two of the people we agreed should go through to Judges' Houses, but the Harry fan, Louise, didn't, which I didn't really mind, but Nick was a little grumpy about it.

One thing we all noticed was that we didn't have many groups this year. It was a bit sad, seeing as three of us judges were in a band, but the six acts we sent through to Judges' Houses were far from bad. It would have just been more fun if more groups had applied for the show.

After we had walked off the stage that day, Patrick called us to the lounge room in the arena. We sat down on the two large grey couches in the room, and it wasn't until a man with a giant camera showed up that I realized he was going to mention something that would be included in the show. "Now that Boot Camp is over, it's time to announce what category you have been assigned with," Patrick announced, standing with his hands on his hips in front of us.

I hadn't even thought about it, but now that he mentioned it, it made sense that we would find out about that today. After all, the next stage was the Judges' Houses, where we would go to a place with our assigned group.

"Nick, you'll coach the overs. Perrie, you're assigned with the girls. Louis, you've got the groups, which means that you, Harry, will be coaching the boys. I hope this is alright with all of you."

If I were honest, I couldn't be happier. I had wanted to coach the groups since I decided to take the offer of participating in the show. Of course, I wouldn't have minded coaching any of the other categories, but having the groups had always been a dream of mine.

"Yeah, of course," Perrie smiled. "When do we get to inform the contestants?"

Patrick's lips twitched. "Right now, actually. They're waiting for you in separate rooms, so a crew member will guide you to your individual category."

-----

That working day was over in the snap of the fingers, and we all returned to our separate homes again. I was starting to realize that living alone in my big house was even worse nowadays. I missed everything that involved being around other people and not living alone. If I were completely honest, I missed having Harry around. I was never alone back in the days because from the moment we had to move to London after participating in the X Factor until the band went on hiatus, he had always lived with me.

I lived in ignorance for a long time after that, telling myself that I enjoyed being on my own and that I didn't miss having him around. What a stupid thing to try convincing myself. What person preferred living alone? I bet everyone wanted to have someone around, preferably a person they loved dearly. Harry had always been that person to me. I just hadn't wanted to admit it.

Being all by myself usually resulted in a lot of thinking, and in this case, a sudden interest started building up inside me. It was an interest concerning Harry and his past relationships after me. I knew it was probably not a good idea to look anything up, seeing as I was most likely going to be incredibly heartbroken by it. But the curiosity was increasing every day.

Deep down, I knew I didn't want to see all these people he had loved after me, but at the same time, I had to know. Therefore, I pulled out my laptop from under my bed and opened up Google Chrome after eating breakfast and taking care of Clifford one day. I sat down on the edge of my bed, typing in 'Harry Styles' relationships' in the search bar.

My heart pounded in my chest, my fingers shaking as I clicked enter. The page that came up showed many pictures of Harry with different girls, which wasn't exactly a big surprise. He always had to be seen with all these profiles back in the days, an order from our management. However, I also knew that most of them were just friends of his since some of them were my friends as well.