Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Twenty minutes later, I exited my black Audi outside Simon's office. It was raining, water droplets falling steadily from the grey sky. It had been raining for three days now, and even though I shouldn't be surprised since I lived in London out of all places, I couldn't help but feel grumpy about it. It just made my mood decrease even more.

Pulling the hood of my red Adidas jacket over my head, I kept my head down to prevent the rain from hitting my face, but also because I didn't want to be recognized by anyone. Having a camera shoved in my face right now would probably only make me snap.

I entered the building successfully, breathing out a sigh of relief as I pulled the hood off my head again. As predicted, it turned out I was already expected, so it didn't take long until I was standing in the elevator, waiting to get to Simon's floor.

Biting my bottom lip, I fished my phone from the back pocket of my black jeans to check my notifications. I had a missed call from Lottie, which I wasn't surprised about since I hadn't talked to her yet and she must be very confused about the news.

I exited the elevator with a sigh and shoved my phone back in my pocket before stepping into Simon's office. I didn't even knock because I knew he was already waiting for me.

And he was.

With a grey blazer covering his torso, he was sitting there at his desk with his colleague, Michaela, by his side, going through a few papers that were placed in front of them.

The second I closed the door behind me, they both looked up, Simon instantly pressing his lips in a thin line. "Louis, take a seat," he ordered firmly, motioning to the chair in front of them.

I swallowed, doing as told. The second I plopped down, I folded my arms over my chest and looked up at them, raising my brows. "So, you wanted me to come," I said, trying to act as if I had no idea why he had wanted me here in the first place.

He furrowed his eyebrows, letting out a scoff. "Don't act as if you don't know why you're here."

I rolled my eyes, feeling the suspense leave my body. This was Simon, the same man I had learned to stand up to over the years. He wasn't worth getting nervous about. "Well, you never mentioned the reason over the phone, so why did you want me to come?" I replied sassily.

He narrowed his eyes, lifting a finger to point at me. "Don't use that tone with me, Louis. What were you thinking when you agreed to participate in the show with Harry?" He asked with a bite to his tone, his eyes staring directly into my own.

"I didn't know he was going to be asked. If I did, I would have probably not said yes," I explained, furrowing my brows.

Simon let out a flat laugh, shaking his head. "Well, it doesn't matter. You're going to tell them you can't do it any longer. There is no way you will work with him again, especially not like this. I won't allow it," he said bitterly.

"You won't allow it?" I voiced, faking a laugh. "We've already discussed this, and you have already given me your approval."

He raised his eyebrows, looking at me in surprise. "So you're telling me you still want to do the show even if Harry's going to be there?"

I bit my lip, looking down at his desk. To be honest, I hadn't let myself think about it yet. Working with both Harry and Nick at the same time would be very difficult, but on the other hand, I didn't want Simon to think he could do whatever he wanted with me, as if I was some sort of rag doll or a piece of his game. He had done enough of that in the past, and I was done with it. And this was the perfect opportunity to go against him because he had already approved that I could be a judge on the show.