Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A week later, it was time for the first live show. We had worked all week with our acts, trying our best to make everything perfect for what was to come. I wasn't the best choreographer, so I stayed away from everything that had to do with that and handed it over to the people who were hired for the job. Instead, I helped the acts with their songs, who should sing what part, and what to think about when performing on stage. I also tried to boost their confidence because even if they had performed in front of us before, this was going to be live for the first time.

Other than that, the week had been relatively uneventful. Harry was still holding a grudge against me, and it was making me sadder every day that passed. I understood that he was mad at me, but did he have to pretend like I didn't exist?

On another note, Perrie and I had grown a bit closer. I didn't know that only her knowing about my feelings for Harry would make us talk more, but it seemed like it. It was such a relief to let out what I felt about my and Harry's situation to someone I didn't only talk to over the phone, and Perrie was an excellent choice.

Lottie had come over on Wednesday too. It was nice to speak to her after everything I had told her that day. I loved how she was so understanding since I didn't think she would be at first. She had always been quite pushy when it came to Harry, telling me to get in touch with him and make up with him, but she just made sure to be there and not pressure me into anything. "You'll do it when you're ready," she had told me with a smile on her face. "He's not going anywhere yet in another few months."

The thing was, having to be around Harry every day without being able to talk to him was getting more and more frustrating every day, so the feeling of wanting to do something about it was only growing stronger.

"Louis, you're on in thirty minutes."

I was standing by the open window in the lounge room, smoking a cigarette to calm my nerves. I didn't expect to feel this nervous since I would only be a judge in the show this time, but a live show was always a live show. There was no room for any mistakes. Besides, I hadn't been on live television in years. So it felt like the first time all over again.

Turning around, I found Logan standing by the door, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. "Are you hiding?" He smirked, making me roll my eyes.

Exhaling a puff of smoke, I shook my head. "I just needed a smoke before the show."

It was partly true because, in all honesty, I had been smoking more than usual these past few weeks after everything that had happened between me and Harry, so I did need a smoke before heading into the arena.

"I see," he smiled, making no move to leave. "It's okay to be nervous, you know?"

I let out a snort, averting my gaze to look out the window. "The nervosity is for the contestants, not the judges."

"It's still live," he pointed out, and when I turned back to look at him, I could see that he was still smiling gently at me.

I huffed, taking another drag of my cigarette. "It's not that bad, though. I just needed to be alone for a while before the show," I shrugged carelessly.

"Fair enough."

A tentative smile formed on my lips. "What are you even doing here? Aren't you supposed to be working?" I wondered, raising my eyebrows at him questioningly.

Logan narrowed his eyes, an amused glint shining in them. "Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for the show?" He fired back challengingly.

"Touché," I mumbled, my lips twitching. "Thank you for telling me I'll have to be in the arena soon, though."