Chapter 40

Chapter 40

When I told Harry about my encounter with Logan, I skipped the part where I thought he was being pushy. It wasn't that I wanted to hide it from him, but it felt like I had been overreacting. It was probably only his way of reacting to being turned down, although it left me a bit uneasy.

The next few days went by in a haze. It was pretty clear everyone felt a bit stressed about Patrick's new expectations of us. Not in the way that people were running around in stress, but the atmosphere was more tense. People could snap at each other without any good reason, and this didn't just involve us judges but the entire crew since they had to work on the settings on stage and everything behind it.

This also meant Harry and I had less time to spend together. We got off work at five or six in the evening, and after that, we were too tired to even think about doing anything. The only time we spent together only the two of us was the hour before everyone else arrived at work in the morning. That was it.

But I wasn't complaining. Those mornings we spent in the lounge room were fantastic. We usually cuddled on one couch, my arms wrapped around him while he rested his head on my chest. Sometimes we talked, sometimes he read his book while I was on the phone or watched him while he was reading. I secretly found it a lot more interesting to watch him than being on my phone, though, especially since I could tell what was happening in his book only by reading his facial expressions.

The good thing about us not being able to spend much time together was that no one seemed suspicious about what was going on between us. We barely even received any glances from Perrie because we weren't seen together. The downside was that I missed him. It was almost frustrating seeing him talk to his acts on stage, knowing I couldn't do anything but just watch him at a distance.

Sometimes I found myself wondering how I had managed to do it for years when we were in the band. But I guess things were different now, seeing as we had been apart for three years, so it was almost as if we had fallen in love with each other all over again.

Someone who wouldn't stop sending me glances, on the other hand, was Nick. Although I wasn't sure if they should be called glances, seeing as they were a lot more intense and uncomfortable than ordinary ones. I had a feeling of what they were about, though, since the only real reason he disliked me was because of Harry. It wasn't hard to tell, but at the same time, Harry and I hadn't precisely flaunted what was going on between us - we barely had time to look at each other, so it still surprised me that he seemed upset.

Another thing that surprised me was that I had seen Leah talk to Harry a few times the last few days. Ever since Harry turned her down, they hadn't exchanged many words with each other apart from that time in the arena when they had both looked at me. This was even if Harry said it seemed like she would rather be his friend than nothing at all. I found it a bit strange, but I decided not to put too much thought into it. I knew Harry wasn't interested in her anyway.

Logan, on the other hand, had barely looked at me since I told him I couldn't go out with him. I was pretty sure he was ignoring me, which didn't surprise me. I wasn't expecting anything else, and if I were honest, I didn't mind it.

It was now Sunday, the day after the fifth live show. A man in the overs category had to leave, which Nick wasn't happy about since he only had one act left in the competition now. But as mentioned before, we were getting closer to the end, and we had all already lost one of our acts, so things were only going to continue this way no matter how sad it was.

After taking care of Clifford and dropping him off at Lottie's place, I drove to Harry's house. It still felt weird saying it was only his after we had lived there for so long together. If I were honest, I wasn't sure if I would ever get used to it.