Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Louis, can you come in for a minute? I want to have a word with you."

Those were the words Simon had told me over the phone half an hour ago. I hadn't even had time to return to mine and Harry's house after buying his engagement ring when this happened, so here I was, standing outside Simon's office with the ring case in the pocket of my Adidas hoodie.

Once I had knocked on the door, and the man himself had told me to come inside, I opened the door and entered his office. He was sitting on his chair in a black suit, just like he always did whenever we were here for a meeting.

"You wanted to talk to me," I implied, sitting down in the seat opposite him, on the other side of the desk.

He nodded curtly, looking down at his papers before looking back up at me. "So, you are aware that One Direction is taking a break in January next year," he started, making me want to roll my eyes.

"I'm in the band, Simon."

"Don't use that tone, Louis. I know you are aware of it. I was just stating facts," he said in a clipped tone, his jaw clenched.

"Go on then," I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

He pursed his lips. "Have you heard from any record labels yet?"

Biting my bottom lip, I looked down at my fiddling fingers on my lap. "No."

"Hmm," he hummed. "Well, since you and Harry are together, I assume he's already told you that he's planning on signing a contract with Columbia Records."

I could feel a large knot form in the pit of my stomach because, no, I didn't know that. But I was sure he was planning to tell me. "Oh," was the only thing that escaped my lips, and I still refused to look up to meet his gaze.

He seemed surprised by my reply, seeing as he let out a humorous laugh. "You didn't know that? Wow, what a great boyfriend you've got there, Louis."

Feeling my blood starting to boil in my body, I clenched my hands into tight fists. "Just tell me why I'm here in the first place," I snapped, finally looking up to shoot him a glare.

He tilted his head to the side, that disgusting smile still evident on his face. "Well, I've had a few chats with them, and they've got some big plans for your dear friend, Louis. Bigger plans than you could ever imagine."

His words made me scowl, my eyebrows pinching together. "What are you talking about?"

Even though I knew I should take his words with a pinch of salt since this was Simon we were talking about, and he had always liked drama and trouble, I couldn't help but be curious. I wanted to know what Harry's possibly new record label had in store for him.

"Harry's always been everyone's favorite. You know that. The fans' favorite and the media's favorite. They know what they're doing when they're signing him. You know how record labels are, right? All we care about is money," he chuckled, saying it so simply that it made me want to vomit.

"But this is how it was always going to end, Louis. You know how much everyone loves him. You must have realized that sooner or later, he would be taken away from you."

"The fuck are you talking about? No one's going to take him away from me," I frowned, shaking my head in ignorance.

Simon bore his eyes into mine then, looking at me intensely. "That's where you've got it all wrong, Louis. You have no idea what these people are capable of. Once they've made a decision, they're going to do everything they can to fulfill their plan. You if anyone should know about this," he smirked, and I knew he was referring to Eleanor.