Chapter 38

Chapter 38

I woke up the following morning by the sound of an alarm going off. What confused me was that it wasn't the signal of my own, but an unknown one, and it wasn't coming from my nightstand. "What the fuck?" I groaned, reaching up to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

It wasn't until then I was reminded that Harry had spent the night here again. And just like yesterday, he was sleeping with his head on my chest, his curls sprawled out, but they were luckily not getting into my mouth this time. He yawned, his eyes still closed as I peered down at him, his eyelashes fluttering slightly.

"I'll turn it off," I informed him, reaching over to the nightstand on the other side of the bed that was fortunately within reach before turning off the alarm on his phone. "Why the fuck would you set the alarm at six-thirty in the morning?"

He let out a light chuckle against my skin. "Because we're leaving early, and I don't like to stress, which you should be aware of."

Letting out another groan, I threw my head back against my pillow, getting awfully aware of our positions. The fact that Harry's head was on my chest wasn't the problem. It was the fact that both our duvets had been pushed off our bodies during the night, and Harry had his leg hooked over my crotch. On top of that, we were only wearing boxers.

As if that wasn't enough, I was hard, which honestly didn't surprise me. It had been years since I was with another person, and this was the man I had last been with. He was also the man I had been yearning for ever since.

Harry seemed to notice the problem in my boxers only a few seconds later when he moved his leg. He tilted his face up to wiggle his eyebrows at me, making me want to slap the smirk off his face.

"We're ignoring this," I stated, throwing an arm over my face to make it impossible for him to see my features.

"Why, though?"

The suggestive tone he was using, followed by the feeling of his lips pressing against the skin of my collarbone and his thigh rubbing against my semi made me let out a groan. "Harry, stop."

He let out a chuckle but did as told and halted his movements. I removed my arm to look down at him, noticing that he was closer than I first thought, and he was smiling so wide that it made my heart flutter, butterflies erupting in my stomach. He was so beautiful.

"Talk," I reminded him breathlessly, making his lips twitch even more. "We said we would talk."

"Ay, ay, captain," he joked, making me reach out to wack him in the head.

"Shut up."

He removed his leg from my body with a laugh but kept his head on my chest. To make it more comfortable, he placed his hands under his chin while turning over so that he was lying on his stomach, only a few inches separating our faces.

"Okay, let's talk," he grinned, both of his dimples popping.

I let out a sigh. "I'm serious, Harry."

"So am I," he promised, keeping his eyes locked with mine.

After looking into his eyes for a while, I noticed he was being serious, so I bit down on my bottom lip and averted my gaze. "I just... When we said that we were going to take things slow, we never mentioned anything about, you know... getting back together or anything. So, what I'm saying is... I just want us to be on the same page."

"Louis," he said, making me tilt my head to look at him hesitantly. His lips were slightly curled. "I'm going to be honest with you and say that I wasn't sure what I wanted when we talked about it, but I've come to realize that ever since we first met eight years ago, I have known that I can't just be friends with you. You are so much more than that, and you're always going to be. And at the same time, I can't imagine not having you in my life, so take that as you want."