🌞Chapter 21🌻

🌞🌻

"Well?" Gulf crossed his arms and glared at Mew, who was sitting beside him. "Why the hell are you still here? You had some food. Shouldn't you go home?"

It was two in the morning.

Behind Gulf's Benz, which was parked on the bank, was Mew's Lincoln Navigator.

Gulf looked hesitant. It was only natural. Mew had turned up just as he was about to commit arson.

Mew smoothly got out of his car and gave a bewitching smile.

"Today is debt collection day, remember?" he said. "I've been stuck in the office, so I thought I'd get some fresh air."

He knew all about Gulf's plan. Not only did First have a big mouth, he was also an excellent source of information on the Hinodegumi and its parent group, the Asahigumi.

Just because he knows, doesn't mean he can stop me.

Gulf was so stubborn. Mew worried that if he didn't keep an eye on him, he would lose his investment. And today he planned to really cement their relationship.

"I'm here to collect the debt you owe me," he said.

Gulf looked startled. He'd been so busy planning the arson, he had totally forgotten.

Mew wanted Gulf to pay back his debt with bis body, but he just hinted at it.

"It's been a long day," Mew continued. "Once a month, a million. I should have collected once or twice a week. Shame."

"Go home! I have no money to give you!" Gulf yelled, suddenly defiant. Mew wanted to play it nice tonight, but Gulf clearly didn't want to be touched. He was getting tougher. A man's pride was precious and not easily broken down.

"Go home, Gulf," Mew said not unkindly. "You're playing kid's games here."

"Shut the hell up! You always get in my way when it comes to making money!" Gulf retorted.

"Always?" Mew echoed. He frankly didn't remember another time.

Gulf was getting sick of the continous questions. "In high school! Our second year! If I had won that competition, I would have gotten the prize money! But you robbed it from me! Ten thousand is a lot for a kid!"

Mew was stunned. Seeing Gulf cry after he lost was the moment Mew fell in love with him. He reached for Gulf's chest and forcefully pushed it against the car.

Gulf felt a burning passion inside. He was always suffering, but never wanted to break the bonds of his own torment. He lived only for the moment. He frowned. Mew was pushing down too hard on him. His expression took Mew's breath away.

"I've been really looking forward to today's collection, and I won't take no for an answer," Mew breathed. "We both know I'm stronger than you. I'll drag you home if I have to."

"Fucking bastard!" Gulf's eyes were on fire.

He pushed himself off the car and lunged at Mew. Mew jumped back, dodging a fierce kick. Just then, First showed up, breaking the tension.

"Sir! What time are we doing this?" the henchman asked eagerly.

Gulf kicked the dirt in frustation.

Rachan's neighbors had noticed his debt collector troubbles and had invited him on a community trip. Mew knew this, too. Rachan didn't go out much. Gulf felt this was his only chance.

"First, leave the stuff there, and take Mew away," he ordered.

"Huh?" First asked.

"Get out of here. Mew will pay for dinner and drinks. Eat all you want, he's loaded!" Gulf spat out.

"Really? But he's always bringing us food as it is," First protested, looking up at Mew. He was no junkyard dog like Gulf. He was an obedient phppy.

Gulf wanted to get rid of Mew, who suspected Gulf didn't want First involved in his crime.

But Mew had been prepared for this, and would exit quietly for once.

"Fine. But only if Gulf promises to come over later," he said.

Gulf turned away from them. "When I have the money ready, then I'll meet up with you."

"You'll really come?" Mew pushed.

Gulf smiled broadly. "Not me. You can have my cute employee instead."

At that moment, Mew was dying to hold him. Teach him how to trust and be trusted.

I guess you feel you have no choice. That's how you've always lived.

Their lives were just too different. Mew would never understand Gulf's hard life. But he still wanted to hold Gulf, be gentle with him. He wanted to be Gulf's safety zone.

But he's not ready yet.

He wasn't used to human company yet. He needed to be tame like a wild beast.

Gulf glared at Mew. He had already made up his mind. Arson was a crime. If they investigated, his name would come up. Even if there was no evidence, the police would never let it go. They would pull him in for something in the end.

I won't let that happen.

Mew wanted to stop him, but he knew Gulf would just act even more defiant. No way he would listen to Mew now.

Will they take you away from me? Mew thought as their eyes met. He would make Gulf his without putting a chain on him. He would train him, win him over.

Gulf raised an eyebrow and averted his eyes, disturbed at the troubled look on Mew's face. Mew grimaced and chased away the images in his head. Gulf wasn't used to being tamed like this.

"Well, see you, boss!" First shouted cheerfully, climbing into the passenger seat. The Lincoln Navigator pulled away.

See you soon, Mew thought wistfully. He had no intention of leaving Gulf alone tonight.

TBC