🌞Chapter 49

🌞

Mew parked his car in front of the Seishoukai office.

Usually someone would come out to meet him, but no one did today. First nervously glanced at Mew. It was obviously that something was up.

One of Mew's contacts had given him the surveillance video from the location where Gulf had been kidnapped. Mew had watched the footage just a little while ago.

Spotting Gulf in the film was easy. He stood out in his pure-white suit. Mew watched as the drunk Gulf was forced into a gangster's car. First was sure the man who had taken Gulf was AA of the Seishoukai.

The Seishoukai had several offices in the city, but First had a hunch they'd taken Gulf to Shinjuku. The office was a large building, just outside the downtown area. There were few people around at night, and the building itself looked onto a lonely street filled with trashcans.

First followed Mew inside. Mew had already decided that he wouldn't use force, but he heard something going on in a back room.

"I'll make you wish you'd never been born," a voice growled.

"Argh! Oof!"

Those could only be Gulf's cries. Mew felt anxious for his safety, and wanted to find him right away. With all of his strength, Mew kicked open the thick metal door. To his immense surprise, it crashed to the floor. He figured the hinges must have been loose. He was strong, but not that strong.

A man standing behind the door and had been thrown down with it was now rolling around on the floor. Mew grabbed the man's collar.

"Where is Gulf?" he asked gruffly.

He made sure his voice revealed that he would show no mercy to whoever got in his way. The man passed out before he could answer.

"First! Let's go!" Mew barked, shoving the man aside. They moved toward the back of the building, heading towards all the commotion. All of a sudden, the noise stopped. Mew knew that if he didn't hurry, something terrible might happen, something that even he couldn't fix.

TBC