🌞Chapter 24🌻

🌞🌻

Gulf panicked and tried to flee. But he couldn't see through the smoke and it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

What the hell do I do now?

He covered his mouth with his sleeve, making breathing a little easier. His suit was still wet, so he didn't feel the heat, but his head was pounding like he was drunk.

He got on his knees and crawled to avoid breathing in more smoke. He had lost all sense of direction. He knew he didn't have much time left. It was difficult getting oxygen into his lungs. At last, he couldn't move anymore, and simply cowered next to a wall.

"Dammit..." he whimpered.

Unable to call for help, he felt himself losing consciousness.

"So this how I'm gonna die..."

To die so young. He silently wished his life could have been better.

Like you...

Suddenlty an image of Mew floated in his mind's eye. So what people always said was actually true---when your life is in grave danger, you'll be seized by sexual urges. He felt passion rising in his body.

He had never known how nice it was to be touched by another man. The feeling was strangely overwhelming. If he died now, he would never reach the climax again.

"Mew, you bastard," he muttered. "Why the hell are you here in my dying moments..."

He remembered how it had felt when Mew touched him. Would that be his last thought as he departed this world?

His eyes still closed and body motionless, Gulf heard Mew's voice saying. "What are you doing?"

But it was only an illusion. If he was hearing things now, then he must be close to death.

Just then, someone pulled on his limp arm. Gulf tried to open his eyes, but his head hurt too much.

"Are you...real...?" he gasped.

Suddenly, someone pulled him into their arms. Gulf buried his face into Mew's chest.

"What do you think?" Mew rumbled.

"You can't be...real. I'm...dreaming," Gulf muttered. "The real Mew is safe. He's watching the fire. He's probably worrying...about the eight...million...I owe...him."

"Sounds like the real me is pretty cruel," Mew snorted, hoisting Gulf's body onto his back.

Each time Mew took a step, Gulf felt comforted. Maybe dying wasn't so bad after all.

"Mew," he said. "I don't have...life insurance."

"That's a shame," Mew gasped. "What did you want to do?"

Gulf just smiled happily, resting on Mew's back. Mew was much stronger than he even remembered. Gulf felt secure with Mew's hands around his thighs.

I want Mew to do bad things to me. I must ve a really bad person.

"Sex. I wish...I wish we'd...done it..once more...before I died," Gulf mumbled.

"Do you know that I love you?" Mew asked.

"Not love...your body...is enough," Gulf said.

He didn't understand love. If he did, he would never have become a Yakuza.

Listening to Mew's voice felt good. The sound melted into Gulf's eardrum. He wanted to hear his voice forever.

"When we get out of here, will you date me?" Mew asked.

There was no doubt that this Mew was just a figment of Gulf's imagination. The real Gulf was dreaming of being rescued by Mew while being consumed by the flames. He smiled when he realized what was deep inside his heart.

"Taking advantage, aren't you? Of this emergency..." he mumbled.

"You'd never make ne such a promise at any time other than this," Mew pointed out. "So? Will you date me?"

He felt Mew stop.

Fool.

Gulf pushed his cheek against Mew's back.

His head felt foggy. If the Mew-illusion didn't talk, he found it difficult to stay awake.

"If we...get out," he promised.

TBC