🌞Chapter 56🌻

🌞🌻

Holding a silver briefcase in each hand. Gulf stop in front of the Lovely Kantou branch manager's office.

The door was slightly open, so Gulf could hear voices from inside.

"Evidently the president of Heart System fled in last night. We'll never be able to collect the money"

It's him.

The wrinkled old executive who had called Gulf Yakuza scum that day. Quite a few people entered in the manager's office today.

"It'll be fine. I asked one of my best men to deal with it. I expect the money to be here soon," Mew said.

It was the perfect time for a dramatic entrance. Right on cue, Gulf flung the door open with a big smile on his face.

Today, he wore an high-collared jet black suit with a white silk scarf. He definitely didn't look like your average office worker.

But this is who I am. Anything else wouldn't be me.

Gulf walked straight to Mew's desk and put down the shiny silver cases.

"Heart System's debt. Three hundred million," he announced with flourish.

Three hundred million in cash was actually pretty heavy. One million in 10,000 and 1,000 bills weighed about 10 kilograms, making three hundred million about 30 kilograms. The two cases together seemed to weigh a ton.

Gulf opened each case on the desk, giving everyone in the roon a good look---100% cash, still bound up in the bank wrappers.

The executives mumbled to each other. They were used to dealing with large sums, but no one had even seen this much money all at once.

Gulf just gazed at the men, challenging them to say something.

First had managed to get two hundred million from AA, though AA had lied at first about how much money had been taken fron Heart System. Gulf had to go back again to get the rest.

"Thank you." Mew nodded, turning his attention to the executives. "We have a most excellent employee here, gentlemen. Can you believe he collected this much money? What do you have to say now?"

"Uh, we were just concerned for the company's reputation," an executive stuttered.

Mew laughed and rested his face on his hands. Gulf thought it made him look even more brilliant than usual.

"I'm setting up a debt collection department," Mew said seriously. "High finance and debt collection go hand-in-hand. Until now, we've outsourced our collection needs. We have been locked into working with the gangs."

Mew's gaze was sharp as he outlined his plans.

"But it's true, our company's image is important. That's why we need our own debt collection department. Debt collection is perfectly legal, according to law. We will strictly follow every regulation. And we have the right person here already. He is clever and resourceful, capable of collecting money in creative ways. He also knows the Yakuza inside and out. I think he's the best person for the job by far."

Mew's assured tone of voice explained how it would be, leaving absolutely no room for complaint. Even the executives seemed satisfied. The persuasive power of three hundred million was enormous.

Does he mean I'll be in charge?

Mew sent the executives away, leaving him alone with Gulf. As soon as the door was closed, Mew burst into roaring laughter.

"What do you think?" he managed to ask. "Will you supervise my new department?"

"I...I guess so..." Gulf stuttered.