🌞Chapter 50

🌞

Mew fought off nearly 20 Yakuza to get inside that room.

Driven by pure, inadulterated rage, he quickly defeated the Yakuza who jumped him. His skill in martial arts made it easy for him to target an enemy's weak point for a quick take-down. The narrow corridor helped, too, since he faced only one opponent at a time.

He felt the tension in the room as a tangible, physical force. The room was filled with low-life thugs. At their feet, he thought he saw a flash of white.

Gulf?

Without a second thought, Mew pushed the men out of his way to get a clearer view. It was Gulf! The instant he saw him, Mew tightly clenched his fists, punching anyone who came near him.

"What have you done to him?!" he screamed.

Suddenly, he heard a shallow laugh. A rather intellectual-looking man stood proudly in front of Gulf. The man spoke deliberately, choosing his words with care.

"So you're the nobleman. You've got some guts coming in here and starting a fight all on your own. We were just showing Gulf a thing or two. He hates following orders, doesn't he? I only cut off his shirt buttons and he threw himself at me"

Shirt buttons?

Mew understood everything perfectly now. He finally knew what Gulf had been trying to do.

"You must be AA," he said grimly.

He knew it, even without First's confirmation. First was currently elsewhere, left behind in the wake of Mew's rampage.

Mew proceeded to waste each man in the room, one by one. Even though he was just one person, he overwhelmed them like a demon in disguise. His fighting skills were so great, even the Yakuza couldn't touch him. He gradually took over the room, a statement to his superiority over the goons.

"It's over for you now," he grunted as he disposed of the last henchmen.

"You bastard!" AA shrieked, swinging his fists.

Mew easily dodged away. Though AA looked intellectual, he had clearly been trained to fight.

Mew still had the advantage, however. He grabbed AA's arm, twisted it, and pushed AA to the floor. Now that AA was on his knees, Mew roughly kicked his back.

"What are you doing?!" First screamed running into the room.

"First?" AA whispered.

He suddenly seemed to lose all his desire to fight. Mew stopped and looked around.

Still in his teens, First's face had the vestiges of youth. He briskly walked toward them, grabbed AA by his collar, and slapped him across the face.

Mew was shocked that AA didn't back away. The man could have avoided that slap if he had wanted to.

"Ngh," AA grunted.

"I'm disappointed in you, AA," First said.

"What?" AA mumbled.

Ever since First haf arrived, all of AA's focus had been on him. Mew didn't understand what it meant. The pair continued talking.

"What did you do to the boss?!" First screamed. "If you hurt him, I'll never forgive you!"

"Yeah? Well I should never forgive you! I can't believe you moved in with Gulf," AA squawked. A while ago, he'd been cool as ice. Now he was blushing beet red.

Mew frowned as he watched this
alarming development.

First snarled at AA, who was now groveling before him. "What, jealous? The boss is good-looking, unlike you. A man to admire! You could never even come close to him!"

As First kept spitting out insults, AA just listened. Mew had never witnessed this power in First until now. Bemused, he just watched the scene unfold.

It seemed First and AA knew each other from before. Mew studied AA's face as he quietly listened to what First was saying.

Looks like a lover's quarrel, Mew thought.

"First," Mew said quietly.

Their conversation seemed like it was going to drag on forever, and Mew was worried about Gulf. Though Gulf had no obvious injuries, he was still unconscious. Mew desperately wanted to pick him up and take him away from this place, but something still had to be done about AA.

"Do you know him?" he asked First.

"Nope" was the immediate reply.

"Don't give me that, First," AA whined. "We used to hang out together. You used to be fond of me."

"Hmph, pervert," First snapped.

"When you told me you wanted to be a Yakuza, I told you to go for it, remember?" AA griped. "Come back to me when you've become a great man, I said. Then I find out you've been working for Gulf..."

"If you've done anything to the boss, I'll kill you, AA!" First yelled.

Apparently, First had not returned AA's affections. From an outsider's point of view. AA was a pitiful sight, but considering what he did to Gulf, Mew had absolutely zero sympathy for him.

"AA, what did you do to Gulf?" Mew asked.

AA had clearly lost all will to fight. Mew pushed him out of the way and went over to Gulf. As he cradled Gulf's limp body, Mew lightly tapped his cheek. There was no reaction.

"AA, there's more to this story, isn't there?" Mew asked calmly, but with a hint of his growing rage.

AA just sighed, severely depressed from his quarrel with First. Since all of his henchmen were out cold, he decided to just give in to Mew and First.

"Gulf came here about that loan from Heart System," he said. "He started the fight first and put two of my men in the hospital. I told him I'd tell the papers that Lovely hires gangsters to do their work. Then Gulf bowed and apologize to me.

Bowed?

Mew's muscles tensed. So that was why Gulf had behaved the way he did. That must have been yesterday when Gulf had come to his apartment in that filthy suit. His watch was gone, too. But every time Mew asked what happened, Gulf had refused to answer.

"So you threatened him?" Mew asked.

TBC

A/N: So, they all need is First. 😂
And...I forgot about this part, should I change AA to Ja? 😅