🌞Chapter 52🌻

🌞🌻

After AA and First leave, Mew turned back to Gulf.

The front of Gulf's suit and shirt had been ripped open, exposing his beautiful bare chest. Mew noticed a nasty cut near Gulf's nipple, but didn't spot any other injuries.

"Gulf..." he called gently.

But Gulf showed no signs of waking up. His mouth hung
slightly open.

Mew moved a little closer and kissed him.

"Mmmm..." Gulf blinked and open his eyes, but seemed unable to focus on Mew. His long eyelashes closed again.

Mew started to panic, fearing that Gulf was more seriously injured than he had suspected.

Lifting Gulf's long body onto his back, Mew started to carry him away. He would drive Gulf directly to ER. Then, just as he stepped over the door he had kicked down, Gulf made a low sound, hardly a mumble. Mew could barely make out what he said.

"Think you can...put me in concrete...and feed me to the fishes?" Gulf muttered. "That what...you're gonna do? You'll regret it. I have someone...he won't let you...so you better..."

He sounded like he was talking in his sleep. Mew turned his head to look at Gulf's face. He looked so relaxed. He must be still asleep. Mew thought to himself. Maybe he's still confused from the beating he took. Now he thinks they're about to dispose off his body.

When I pulled Gulf out of that burning building, he told me his true feelings.

It was the first time Gulf had been really honest with Mew. Would it be the same now? Probably not. Gulf was never really disoriented enough to reveal his true feelings, not even when he was drunk. But it was worth a try, anyway.

Trying not to sound too eager, Mew spoke softly to Gulf, taking care not to wake him. "Who is this someone?"

'...You know him," Gulf mumbled. "He...he's stronger than me...he has money and power and lots of men. They all call him 'Sir' and 'Mister'. And  he...he really loves me. Who knows why...I can be a real jerk...but he'd follow me to hell and back..."

Gulf must be talking about him.

He know I love him.

Hearing Gulf say this filled Mew with joy. He had assumed Gulf was still an untamed wildcat. Now it seemed like Gulf had finally acknowledged Mew's deep feeling for him.

"Does he know that this happened to you?" Mew went on.

He felt so happy now. He wanted to continue this conversation. Gulf was bound to wake up soon, and then Mew would lose this chance to understand him better. Mew needed to get his answers right now.

"He's sweet...we have a real connection." Gulf answered. "Even now, I feel he's with me...I could never leave him..."

We have a real connection?

Did Gulf realize, maybe on some subsconcious level, that Mew was carrying him on his back? Mew felt like hugging him.

"Do you love him back?" he asked cautiously.

Mew knew that he'd hear the truth this time. Gulf had never said he loved him, only that he liked Mew a lot. But Mew needed more than that. He held his breath, worrying about the answer.

"Of course...I do."

Mew's heart jumped for joy. His whole body was listening.

"So do it...kill me," Gulf continued. "If you kill me. I'll still find a way to be with Mew...I love him so much..."

Suddenly, Mew stopped.

Gulf was stirring.

Finally, he had come around. Mew looked back at him and met Gulf's wide-eyed stare.

TBC