04| A Special Friend

Eli's pov
A special friend?

My eyes widened at the realisation.

Could Ali be her? Is it possible that she and Mia are from the Surface? I thought she was... what?

I mentally slapped myself.

Oh come on, knock some sense into yourself! What in the world was I thinking? Clearly, it's impossible for humans to travel down to Slugterra without the proper equipment. They wouldn't be able to survive the drop! But she did mentioned about meeting the Air Elemental before the fall and that it saved them. Could it really be...

Eli, come back to your senses! You're better than this. Don't get your hopes up for nothing! Slugs don't travel to the Surface, let alone an Elemental. The only slugs who travelled to the Surface are Burpy and Pieper! The Elementals wouldn't risk their lives to travel up to the Surface!

Ali and Mia were most likely from one of the more peaceful caverns, where slinging is still unfamiliar. They could have met the Air Elemental there, fell into a hole, got carried by the wind and ended up here.

Now that's a much more reasonable explanation.

But the necklace, it looked exactly like the one I got her.

Alessia's pov
"That... that's a pretty necklace," Eli said with a small smile, finally breaking the awkward tension that was building up between us.

"Th-Thanks," I stammered, staring down at the ground like it was the most interesting thing in the room.

Gosh stop blushing!

"Is there something wrong?" Eli asked, and shot me a concern look.

"Nothing! It's just... Could you please get dressed?" I mumbled, biting my lips softly.

"Oh! Yeah, of course. Sorry."

He let out a small laugh before reaching for his wardrobe. I planted myself back into my trusty blanket, facing the other way while he put on some clothes. I couldn't help but to peek, and damn those back muscles blessed my eyes.

"Were you checking me out?" he asked casually as he put a shirt on.

"What? No I wasn't- I was just- I-"

"It's fine, you're not the first," he said, turning around to face me. He was wearing his signature smirk.

I face-planted myself back into my pillow and covered my whole body with the blanket, regretting all my life choices.

He got in bed beside me. The bed dipped behind me and I can feel his breathing movements. Those tingly, fluttering sensations conquered my body, with butterflies in my stomach.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," I whispered softly to myself, furrowed my brows and blushed madly.

"Goodnight, sweet dreams," Eli muttered before he turned off the lights.

"Good-Goodnight," I startled under my blanket, before attempting to fall asleep.

...
The next morning, Eli and Kord headed out early in the morning to get some upgrades for their mecha beasts while Trixie and Pronto decided to give Mia and I a lecture on 'The Basic Knowledge of Slugterra'.

"Are you seriously telling me you have no idea what different slugs are called? What did you even learn in school? Gosh!" Trixie proclaimed, looking at the both of us helplessly.

"Excuse me? We are biology students!" Mia defended.

"Biology?"

"Yeah, biology. The study of living things?"