27| The End

Cobra megamorphed and circled the citadel, emitting yellow soundwaves towards the building, trying to reach out to the captured slugs. We watched as Cobra stopped emitting soundwaves and flew back to us. She returned to photoform and swam towards me. She perched on my shoulder and shook her head.

"Kord was right. It didn't work," I confirmed.

"Plan B," Eli said, holding his blaster beside his head. He took the lead and carefully made his way nearer to the building by swimming through the dead aquatic vegetation piled up on the seabed. I followed right behind him. Mia was by my left and Trixie on her left. The two boys were behind us.

Through our countless mission together, it is safe to say that we are experienced enough to understand each other without communicating. We would subconsciously form a defensive formation, with ourselves guarding our own side, highly alert of our surroundings.

Eli held up his fist, and we stopped in tracks.

"Get down," he whispered, and we did as he told. We swam down into the pile of dead vegetation to hide.

There was pin-drop silence, before two beeps echoed in the ocean. The back door slid upwards, revealing two Tad's goons. The door closed once they exited the building. They then swam towards the front side of the building, and hanging from their belts were their identification cards.

"We need an access card," I noted.

"We have Joules," Eli said as his Tazerling, Joules, emerged out from his backpack and swam directly in front of Eli's face, chirping confidently.

"Wait, Eli. Wouldn't that just trigger the whole security system and set the alarm off?" Mia warned, and Eli shook his head.

"Joules has messed with multiple systems before. He knows what he is doing, right Joules?" he asked, and Joules chirped in agreement.

"To all the fourteen-year-old fangirls out there, Eli's main weakness is that he trusts everyone too easily," Trixie joked.

"Hey don't you dare mock my fanbase," Eli smirked as he looked around for any signs of the goons, before he swam forward towards the back door. "And by the way, having trust is not a weakness."

"Whatever," Trixie smirked as we swam up to him. Joules, being an experienced Taserling, managed to open the back door without setting the alarm off or electrocuting us since we were submerged in the same water.

We went through the open doors and it shut behind us. We were in a small room as the waters were starting to descend. Once the water was below our faces, we took off our helmet and flippers. Another metal door ascended upwards as the room became dry.

We headed into the building to the door, making our way towards the storeroom by peeking through corners and beating up goons on our way. When we got to the storeroom, the six of us circled up, blasters pointing outwards as Eli held Joules up towards the storeroom door to deactivate it.

There was a sound of a machine failure, before the door ascended.

"They're here!" Eli yelled as we quickly made our way into the huge storeroom. Scattered around the windowless room were several slug carriers, carrying the slugs that we failed to save.

Cobra chirped contently on my shoulder as she hopped into one end of my blaster. I aimed her at the centre of the ceiling and pulled the trigger. Once again, she megamorphed and soared above all the slugs, emitting strong yellow sound waves at them.

She did it. She successfully hypnotized all the captured slugs. We released the slugs from the carriers and they jumped out of their canisters instantly, heading straight towards our backpacks, and those that did not managed to get into our backpacks remained in their canisters in the slug carriers for us to carry.