59| Secret Garden

I've thought of a million different ways to start this, but I still do not know what is the best.

I'll just be honest. I have not been uploading for a year because I was studying overseas. Not the best reason but it is the reason. I had no intentions on putting this story on hold for so long, but I guess things just piled up and I had so many other things to take care of. I had to get my priorities straight, resulting in me neglecting this story that I still love to this very day.

Every single day for the past year, the goal of completing this story has been at the back of my head like a broken recorder, kept reminding me to finish it, but I just did not bring myself to do it. Yes, I could've just spent a few hours to write and upload the last few chapters, but I felt that it would not be what I wanted. With all my other responsibilities in hand, I couldn't fully focus.

So sorry that I kinda left without notice. I appreciate how people are still reading the story while I'm not uploading new chapters <3

Now that I am on my summer break, I plan on finishing the story before going back for my second year.

I honestly don't know how many people care, maybe none, but this is a promise. I won't stop uploading again until this story comes to its final chapter.

Enough of my rambling. This cliff hanger has been hanging for way too long, so here is the next update!

...
Terrified glazes, worried glances exchanged when everyone could hear but not see the slug being fired. My instinct was to grab my blaster to defend, but this unfamiliar itchiness within my body got the better of me.

It wasn't an unpleasant feeling. In fact, it felt good. I could not see the megamorphed slug but I could feel the source of energy radiating from it, soaring above the audience, towards the stage.

"How am I feeling this?" I whispered underneath my breath, my eyes fixed on where I envisioned the accelerating megamorph to be. "It's invisible. A thugglet slug's doing."

I snapped out of it when another gunfire sounded. Burpy was sent soaring towards the invisible megamorph and crashed into exactly where I could feel the megamorph was. The slug lost its ability to hide itself as a tazerling slowly materialised in midair,  before it was forced to return to photoform and dropped to the ground.

A man's shouts caught everyone's attention. At the entrance, a man with a blaster in hand was being pulled away by two security guards.

"It takes more than just a tazerling and a thugglet to kill me," Eli said sternly through the microphone, smirking as Burpy flew towards him majestically, returned to photoform and landed perfectly on his shoulder. "Anyway, where was I?"

Eli shrugged, continue delivering his opening speech as if it was absolutely normal for a random stranger to fire a megamorph at him. Well, it probably is. He is a Shane after all.

He took the chance to explain what happened to him. From how he survived the explosion to how he got back to Slugterra. He told me last night that he thinks the people need an explanation from him, and that is exactly what he is delivering.

But my mind couldn't focus on his words. The feeling I felt when the tazerling was soaring kept bothering me. I couldn't describe what I felt.

What was that feeling?

"Alessia?" I snapped out of it when a hand was placed on my shoulder. "After Eli's speech, we should head back to our mansion. There are a few people we would like you to meet. What do you say?"

My eyes widened as I turned to properly face Professor Dorium.

"Excuse me?"

"The people, they are my business partners, and we're looking into doing research in plant diseases and ways to control or cure them. It would be a great networking session, and most importantly, an opportunity for you to pursue your interest in what you've studied," Professor Dorium explained with pride. "You wouldn't want to miss this."