58| Insecurity

Melodious classical piano music played softly in the luxurious room I was in. Fine marbles covered the floor flawlessly, with gold carved into the walls, adding to the beauty of it. A red carpeted walkway stretched from the entrance of the room to where I was standing, a small white circular platform, with three full-length mirrors positioned in front of me.

I stared at my reflection in the mirrors, taking in every inch of my reflection.

My makeup artist finished my makeup in a little more than two hours. I can feel the amount of products layering on my face but it didn't look overdone. Simple but still elegant, she was no doubt a professional.

My waist-length curled white hair rested on my upper body with great texture and softness, the diamond earrings dangling on my ears were almost covered by them. A matching diamond necklaces laid around my neck in the perfect length, enhancing my sunken collarbone. To further match the jewelries, they put on a diamond bracelet on me, gold and silver.

A sleeveless crystal bodycon white dress hugged my body, with a low cut in the front and the back. The dress reached my ankle and had a small trail to it. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever put on on myself; it was one of a kind, designed by the best designers in Slugterra. The dress came with a pair of matching heels too, covered in Sarovskay crystals, a jewelry brand in Slugterra.

I turned and twirled on the platform I was standing on, admiring the dress from different angles.

I can't get over how beautiful it is!

I smiled through the mirror as I thought about Eli. Gosh I can only imagine how good he will look in a suit. The suit outlining his strong body, his hair professionally styled, cologne on point...

My goodness I have a nose bleed.

How is my boyfriend so hot.

Boyfriend?

I don't even know what we are anymore.

I know I love him so much, that is a fact, and I know he feels the same way, but we never asked each other to be each other's, so are we in a relationship?

Or is that not a thing in Slugterra?

Do people just get together without properly acknowledging it?

Sometimes I hate having zero experience in relationships. I'm so cluesless.

Why didn't he ask me to be his girlfriend?

Is he trying to keep his options open?

Woah okay, I'm just overthinking.

There's no way he'll do that to me.

Right?

"For Slug's sake, shut up!" I yelled at myself underneath my breath.

Why am I stressing myself like this?

He'll never do that to me.

But still, there was a small part of me that felt uneasy.

As if the Guardian Slugs heard my cries, there was a knock on the door, stopping me from tearing myself apart.

"Come in!" I said, and almost immediately the door creaked open.

Through the mirror I saw him walked into the room, before he gently closed the door behind him. The way his suit suits him, the way his hair was styled in a messy way, he was almost even more attractive than how I imagined he would look.

The suit he was wearing was black, with gorgeous angel blue flowery patterns sewed on it. A small silver chain hung on the suit, with a charming matching tie that had gold complimenting it.