26| Undertow Cavern

Never knew watching the Shane Gang falling down a waterfall would be one of the most entertaining thing to watch in my entire life. Dalinda flapped her wings continuously, holding us at a stationary point in midair as my dear teammates scream and yelp before they were all submerged into the waters of the Undertow Cavern. Their ski-mode mechas emerged out of the water, before they gushed out of the water for air and held onto their mechabeasts.

"You know," I started, "you could've just used the gliding mode on your mechas to avoid the amusing fall?"

"Floppers," Eli cursed as he climbed up his drenched mechabeast. Dalinda charged down towards them, before she circled them while everyone got onto their mechas, recovering from the traumatic fall.

I took the chance to admire the foreign place. The waterfall that the Shane Gang fell out of was inside a weird-looking structure, that seems to be a stone structure, fully covered in algae. The cavern was mostly water, with a few rocky structures erected here and there. The waters was so clear that I could see the underwater world from above the sea.

"So," Eli spoke after everyone had their breaks. "Kord, about the new update?"

Kord, being scared of water, his expression changed immediately from a disgusted one to a proud smirk.

"Press the rainbow button-" Kord was immediately cut off by Pronto.

"We have rainbow buttons!?" Pronto asked in pure joy as they found their rainbow buttons and pressed onto it.

In a split second, their mechas leaped into the air and went underwater, disappeared in sight. The water became completely still, and the atmosphere was eerie and soundless.

"Bye?" I questioned.

I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I turned and it was Dalinda's tail. She guided me with her tail, pointing under one of her flipper around her head. I gently lifted it up, and to my surprise, there was a hidden switch under it.

"So I was right! You do have an underwater mode!" I said in amusement and pressed onto the button.

She let out a spine-chilling roar before she folded her wings above me. They creaked forward and became transparent, acting like a glass window. I felt my seat was lowered. I was laid down on my back as the control panel was lowered and laid right before me. Dalinda's lower body moved forward, connecting to her wings, sealing the little space shut as we went underwater.

Without her wings, we dived into the water. When we were completely submerged, a pair of flippers, like those of an ancient underwater dinosaur, extended outwards, two on each side of her. There were two light source in front of Dalinda, and it shone bright yellow rays once the transition was completed. I felt like my heart skipped a bit as the mechanic sounds and motions around me stopped.

I looked around me, taking in every small detail. She turned into a jet submarine. I was laying straight in it, with the controlling handles by my sides, placed at the perfect and most comfortable position for me to control them. Dalinda's wings acted as the canopy, the transparent enclosure of vehicle.

I looked up from my control panel to the view laid before me and gasped when I saw the underwater world.

The world underneath Slugterra was immensely breathtaking.

The underwater world was alive and dynamic, filled with a mixture of prehistoric creatures, such as the coelacanths, and animals that were totally foreign to science! Transparent underwater-breathing mushrooms conquered the sea bed, accompanied by many unique rocks structures and caves that serve as the shelter for the animals down here.